turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new Cox trumpet +1

Started by savduck, February 28, 2013, 08:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I got my Frank Cox coco and ivory trumpet in the other day. He did a great job and it sounds excellent. I also got a trumpet from a call maker I met while attending the Orangburg NWTF banquet that Ricky Padgett of Spring Allure Turkey Calls invited me to. The call makers name is John Dangerfield II. He makes one hell of a little yelper. John can purr on a trumpet. It is something else to hear.

My coco Cox

John Dangerfield II cherry burl trumpet

Video of both....click on pic

Georgia Boy

JVA54

outdoors

:OGani:
               REAL NICE . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

NCBigShot

...Great Calls, Del! :icon_thumright:

....Never heard of John Dangerfield, but he sure does nice work...
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

savduck

Quote from: NCBigShot on February 28, 2013, 08:58:24 PM

...Great Calls, Del! :icon_thumright:

....Never heard of John Dangerfield, but he sure does nice work...

Ken, I'd recommend getting one. I think he is gonna be big time. This yelper runs like a dream.
Georgia Boy

ccleroy

The boy is about as humble as they come, I got one of the same ones on the way. He loves call making and is a great guy to talk to.....got a tube coming from him as well. Del you and I might be hunting with him opening weekend if all plays right from what I talked to him about tonight.

savduck

Shazam....I'll be there with bells on.

I'm telling you he is gonna be the next big thing in trumpets when a few of these get out. It is an EXCELLENT yelper. He is very humble. Get him to purr for you. It's unreal.

Ricky I hope you let him know how much I liked it.
Georgia Boy

runngun

Looks Great and sounds Great!!! Congrats
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Spurcollecta

I like the Dangerfield trumpet!  ;)

TRKYHTR

He gets no respect. LoL I liked them both Del.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ccleroy

I told that you loved it.....He said he was humbled and just wanted to get them out and get some honest feedback on them....he said getting them into hunters hands were what he was after not letting them sit on a shelf and collect dust. I told him heck yea! That's the spirit!!

outdoors

Can ya PM me some info on getting in touch with Danger , Thanks
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

savduck

I'll post up Dangerfields information when I get back to the house this afternoon.
Georgia Boy

Andy S.

Awesome looking trumpets that are full of turkey. My best friend has run a Cox trumpet for the last decade and it is chock full of turkey. I got my first Cox trumpet last summer and absolutely love it, even though I am not as well versed as many of you are on them. I'm still learning. Thanks for sharing.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

ssramage