OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your turkey kill total?

Started by mozart_hunter, February 27, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 28, 2013, 08:33:02 PM
I don't see a problem with the question asked in this thread.
I've harvested 35 birds, 31 of them gobblers, 4 of them jakes.
1 Merriams.
3 Rios.
7 Easterns.
24 Osceolas. :funnyturkey:
Harvest is what you do when your on turkey farms. ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2013, 08:38:30 PMHarvest is what you do when your on turkey farms. ;D
You should know brother, you should know!!!! LMFAO!!!! ;D :toothy9: :toothy12: :TooFunny:
But of course, I'm just jealous!!! :z-flirtysmile3: ;D

Wingbone

Dang, I was hoping Guesswho would disclose his number. Lol

Many more than I deserve (in 11 states). Mostly Easterns, 5 Rios, 2 Osceolas, 1 Merriams.

Man I love seeing those white caps coming through the woods!!!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

redleg06

I've been doing it 23 seasons now and Ive never kept count but I'm starting to wish I'd been more careful to take pictures and maybe write notes on them about the hunt itself...

WiLL B

I've killed 234 mostly easterns but several Rios and Merriams. Would like to get a Oceaola one year soon. I lost count on the deer long ago just not as important to me. I can still remember details of every turkey I killed and a lot I didn't kill. Actually I can remember better some of the ones that whipped me. Lol

daddylongspurs

Lost count a few years back, I know it's 200+ maybe 250 but I doubt it. The last 11 years I have averaged around 15 birds a year i think, last year was 19 and the year before 17. The years before those were all around the same numbers. some years 9 states some years 7 states. Mostly easterns, lots of rios, few dozen osceolas, and a couple dozen merriams. Been at it 28 years. I have a love hate relationship with the wild turkey. And my wife has a love hate relationship with me this time of year.

HARDCORE

I'm going with 3 because I know for sure that I killed at least 1 more than my brother (Flydown) did.

As for guesswho, I would have put money on the fact that he killed at least 3 or 4.

Opening week was tough last year....

HC

deerhunt1988

I actually keep a spreadsheet of my kills with the date, state, county, place,  bird number, beard length, spur length, weight, gun, ammo, distance, time, and anything else notable about the hunt. I never want to forget a single detail of a hunt....

This coming up season will be my tenth. Right now I am at 44 longbeards (10 of those just from last season). 31 easterns, 5 Merriams, 3 Osceolas, 5 Rios.

Flydown

Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2013, 03:17:42 PM
My first one in 1965 and my last one in 2012.  So that's two.  I didn't know me and Flydown were tied.

I'm gonna get number 3 this season, I just know it. I have seen so many gobblers this year deer hunting.

HARPJ_is_HOOKED

I have but one under my belt. He didn't come easy, and he's become a symbol to me of what hard work and perseverance can do when you refuse to give up on a goal. I have high hopes of adding to that number, and intend to start working on that in 23 days. I'm stoked!!
Harper Johnson

El Pavo Grande

Killed my first 27 years ago this spring at the age of 9, a young hen in the fall.  Got the bug to go out of state after my dad took my brother and I when I was 10 for a weeklong turkey hunting/camping trip to MO.  I can stil remember hearing the three jakes walking through the leaves before I killed one, just like it was yesterday.  I am so grateful my dad took us hunting.  I could never repay him for that.  Trying to pass it down to my two young sons.  Not sure how many I have killed, have never counted, but I am more proud of the ones I have either called up for others or videoed.

guesswho

Quote from: Flydown on March 01, 2013, 12:09:16 AM
Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2013, 03:17:42 PM
My first one in 1965 and my last one in 2012.  So that's two.  I didn't know me and Flydown were tied.

I'm gonna get number 3 this season, I just know it. I have seen so many gobblers this year deer hunting.
Man, I wish I had your confidence.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

firstflight111

I have hunted in 5 states and all my turkey's are eastern's total 98 so far.best turkey a  tripled bearded hen at 17 and 3/4 .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Uncle Nicky

I would really have to sit down & think hard, a few dozen I guess, mostly Easterns, some Rios & 2 Merriams. I hunt in the fall too, so probably as many hens & jakes as gobblers.

FANMAN

Quote from: Wingbone on February 28, 2013, 09:03:52 PM
Dang, I was hoping Guesswho would disclose his number. Lol

Many more than I deserve (in 11 states). Mostly Easterns, 5 Rios, 2 Osceolas, 1 Merriams.

Man I love seeing those white caps coming through the woods!!!

I don't have a kill number for Ronnie...But he's still not caught up with his Mamma.