turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1st chance

Started by Publicland, February 27, 2013, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publicland

I am finally going to get my chance to hunt the Osceola this spring! Heading down march 27 to hunt 3days, was wondering if any of you guys think they'll still be gobbling then! Thanks! Will be hunting Marion county :gobble:

Muzzy61

They should be.
I hunt one county north (alachua). Normally they will gobble pretty good into early april.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

hookedspur

I cant ans your Question but Best of luck
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

Traditionaly in the southern and central parts of florida they will be gobbling like mad mid Feb  and towards the spring opener it will taper off

This year we have had a few cold snaps and another coming this weekend that will delay peak gobbling  till the central opener
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BrowningGuy88

Good luck!

I hope to do an Osceola hunt in 2015.

AUDoubleBeard

Good Luck! maybe next year I will be able to hunt one finally.

Publicland

Thanks guys! Been waiting all my life for this

birdyhunter

I hunt about an hr north of you and they usually gobble well up till the 1st of April. Best of luck and if you don't fill a tag pm me. I may be able to get you on a bird if you have any time left.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Turkeyman11

I've been to Florida the last 4 years.  We hunt just South of Ocala.  We usually go down on around the 20th and stay for a week.  I don't know how much they gobble in early March, but when we have been there it's been real good.  Good luck.  Love hunting those swamp birds.

Wingbone

I think you'll still hear plenty of gobbling. Maybe not at a call, but they should still be fired up. I hunted southwest of Ocala, and my second bird there was killed mid-April a couple years ago, and he gobbled a couple hundred times before I connected with him.

Good luck on your first Osceola!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Publicland

Thanks again guys all the feedback is great! I'm really looking forward to the opportunity!!!

RutnNStrutn

They'll still be gobbling good at that point. You'll have a good opportunity. Best of luck!! :icon_thumright: