OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's Your Opinion?

Started by strut2, February 25, 2013, 08:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut2

What is your favorite state to hunt Gobblers? What state do you think is the toughest to hunt? And why to both questions!

My favorite state that I have hunted so far is South Datoka. Loved hunting in the Black Hills. Really cool experience and beautiful country. Nothing like seeing the Meriams in full strut working their way to you through the spruce trees. You got to do it if you haven't ever hunted the Black Hills.

Toughest state that I have hunted so far is my home state of Pennsylvania. There are a lot of birds and a lot of hunters to go along with them. I hunt all public ground so the birds are well educated. Wouldn't have it any other way. Best of luck this season to everyone!

mossyoakpro

Favorite state: home state of Georgia....favorite due the fact of being very familiar with my hunting areas and having a great population of birds.

Toughest: Florida....Osceolas are extremely wary and their habitat is usually thick and snake ridden.

JMO

Sent from my 8 point bonus bird picture taking device

Phillippians 4:13

hookedspur

Well I think I like the next new state would be the favorite ,all the anticipation of the new and unexpected .
The toughest Ohio's Public Grounds wow....
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

AUDoubleBeard

I would say Nebraska was the easiest. Two of,us shot 4 birds in less then24 hours.

Toughest I would have to say Alabama only because I have never shot a turkey in my home state (only hunted one year there and was close just could not seal the deal)

guesswho

Favorite would be Alabama, because there are no turkeys in Al.  Hardest?  Can't tell any real difference between Eastern's from any state I've hunted.  I would say I consider the Osceola's I've hunted easier on average than the Easterns, both public and leased.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Rio Fan

I've only hunted in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.  Idaho is my favorite state to hunt, beautiful country and a lot of huntable ground. 

runngun

I can't pick just one favorite, Oklahoma and Mississippi.

Hardest for me is my home state of Louisiana, Easterns here can difficult and few and far between.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mudhen

Tuff call...

Nebraska for sure...

Kansas for sure....

Tejas for sure...

MoMo is near and dear to me...

Iowa is the land of giant toms...

Kentucky is a real treat....

OK is my next target....

I simply don't have a favorite state!!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

surehuntsalot

toughest....public land in Mississippi

favorite.....Mississippi
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Garrett Trentham

Middle TN, by a long shot.

Anytime I'm hunting and the turkeys are gobbling, I'm in a "happy place."
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

dawgfrombama

I love Kansas and Alabama.  I've killed turkeys in 5 states.  Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, Kansas and Kentucky.  Alabama is the toughest.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Love Wyoming

Love Virginia

Love Nebraska

Love Maryland

Love Tennessee

Love Ohio

Love New York

If there are turkeys to be hunted and killing to be had... I'm your huckleberry

Bout the only place I don't like is Mississippi. Them birds are mean but the people are great.

RutnNStrutn

First, I've only hunted in 9 states, so I have a limited experience to draw from.
My favorite? Nebraska. Absolutely gorgeous country out there, loaded with game animals, and those Merriams loved to hear themselves gobble, and are so beautiful. Very fun hunting!!
Toughest? Ohio Easterns. When I hunted up there, the birds would sit on the roost gobbling until hens walked under them. Then they would pitch down to the hens. Hard hunting.

870FaceLift

Hardest: TN public land - those ridge gobblers will run you ragged.

Easiest: KY private land - it's never easy, but the birds are there for sure.

Favorite: OH - home sweet home.  Tough, wary toms.
Pass it on...

Onpoint

My favorite is Tennessee public land and also the hardest birds I've hunted. You have to work for them tennessee WMA birds.