OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Am I the only one buying as many shells as possible?

Started by rempumpman, February 24, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

Every weekend I am buying shotgun shells, some heavy loads, some light loads, just some of everything; I am working a side job and all of that money goes to buy shells; just wondering if I am the only one doing this?
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

o2stk1

I have enough trky loads to last for 5 or 6 years at least, and reload the rest

Spring_Woods

I don't really pattern a lot anymore. Just a couple warm up shots before the season comes in but I picked up another couple boxes of hevi shot here recently.

I haven't been hoarding anything. I have quite a few boxes of .40 s&w piled back but handgun ammo tends to go faster when your shooting.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

RemingtonRules

Quote from: rempumpman on February 24, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Every weekend I am buying shotgun shells, some heavy loads, some light loads, just some of everything; I am working a side job and all of that money goes to buy shells; just wondering if I am the only one doing this?

Compared to me, yes

TrackeySauresRex

I do buy a box of somthing more so now,here and there. I buy it,even though I really don't need it (stock pile). It also keeps it easy on the pocket. Lead from here on out.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mudhen

Nope.  The dam will soon burst on a river of ammo.

Don't let the short supply of low-margin, loss-leader ammo fool anyone, ammo is starting to show up, and will likely never run out in our lifetime.....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

tomstopper

I have enough turkey ammo to last me a life time (maybe) but am buying alot of rds for my .270, .243, buckshot (home defense), 12,20 gauge shells, .308 etc. Basically if I have a gun/rifle and I think I could use more, I buy it. This is due to when/if next year I have to show my ID to buy ammo or If the government tries to restrict how much I can buy in a year, I wont ever have to buy ammo again..... Better to be prepared than not IMO.....

BrowningGuy88

I am not worrying about buying it up. I have enough of everything to allow me to hunt for a very long time...

Muzzy61

Have way more thean enough turkey loads.
I buy ammo for my handguns almost every week, but i shoot at the rrange a couple of times a month.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

camotruck

I went through some of my stuff last night getting ready for the season.  I have been buying ammo that I don't reload for.  I have been looking around at stocking up on some turkey shells, but wanted to see what I had on hand.  I came across two boxes with Gallians tags on them marked $6.99.  I wish I had been stocking up back then.  $18.99 for the same stuff now.

Camo
"If you could make money the way you hunt, you'd be a rich man, and I wouldn't worry about you."   .....My Dad shortly before he passed.  Bye Dad  Love ya

Spring_Woods

The more you guys buy the higher price climbs. Stop hoarding and the prices will come back down.

If you didn't need 1,000 rounds before dec 14, you don't need 1,000 rounds now.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

loner

probably,a good idea the way things are going with four more years to go.i doubt,shotgun shells will be hard to get but will be expensive with ammo makers getting pinched and large retailers being forced to shutdown inventories until govt gets what they are trying to do.i don't use either of my two turkey guns for anything else,so i am using up shells i have had for years.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

surehuntsalot

I have enough turkey ammo to last me,my son and my grandson our entire lives
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

birdyhunter

No need to buy any more. Have 1500+ shotgun shells in 12, 20, 16 and 410. 1000+ rounds of .380, 250+ rounds of 25-06, 250+ rounds of 7mm mags and 1000+ rounds of 22lr. I'm good for a while and have been for quite some time. Haven't bought anything but 380s in the past 2 years.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Old Gobbler

I have always been very frugal with my patterning of guns , and been cautious not to burn it up -if your a 10 gauge user like me , its the way off life , now for others they are going to start becoming very cautious with what they do with it 

The prices of turkey ammo has shot up , it has become difficult to locate , and product lines are being discontinued , with more products likely to be discontinued

For rifle and pistol I buy just enough to get me by in case of a hurricane disaster etc...  this summer I will get a few cases of duck shells , I am concerned this will become a issue next year
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon