OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

kudos for walmart!

Started by new2turkey, March 05, 2011, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

last night I saw a friend of mine and we are planning a trip to a pit on sunday bringing an arsenal....

When me and my girlfriend stopped into walmart last night I decided to grab a 100 pack of 12 ga federal target loads...

I got to talking to the guy at walmart,(the only one I've met who knows guns and hunting) and put the box down for a minute, and when I left I grabbed the wrong box...

I realized this morning when I opened them that the shells were yellow... I knew from past experience that the federal 20ga shells are yellow. So I looked at the box, and sure enough, 20 gauge.

I called them immediately, and got lucky enough to get an assistant manager on the phone when I asked to speak to someone in sporting goods instead of the charming people of customer service.

The assistant manager told me to ask for him at the customer service desk, and he actually exchanged the shells for 12 gauge...  :happy0064: :happy0064:

Rarely you here about good customer service at walmart...

surehuntsalot

that don't happen everyday
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

harvester

PANYHunter

That's great.  I have regained some respect for walmart.  Usually all ammo sales are final.

knightrider

now if they would only carry hevi and good chokes

TANK

Yep, here they won't exchange or refund ammo......

fallhnt

It's hard to get service at all from a chain that has eliminated small business and knowledgeable business owners!!!
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TnHunter

Very rare, must have been a new store manager. ;D
Life is good today

oatsj

Used to sell ammo. It is illegal to exchange or refund consider your self real lucky  ::)

bowhunter32

new2turkey

I was very surprised as well... I'm glad that it was exchanged though. I'll just make sure not to make the same mistake again.

maustypsu

Quote from: oatsj on March 06, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
Used to sell ammo. It is illegal to exchange or refund consider your self real lucky  ::)

Yeah, nobody should consider it poor customer service if someone won't take ammo back.  Either way, good for Wal-Mart for doing the right thing - even if it was illegal!!! 

Muskie03

Quote from: oatsj on March 06, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
X2
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

CB on the run

You're lucky, ammo sales are supposed to be final-everywhere.

Mailman

If they wouldn't have takin them back that would have given you an excuse to buy a new 20ga.
One Shot One Kill