Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lets see pics of your patterning paper "holders"!

Started by Xcal1ber, February 22, 2013, 03:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

I have been a cardboard box man my whole life, but I don't have any big boxes and no way to get them.. So I plan on shooting at big paper this year and I would like to see what you all have made or bought to hold this paper.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

GOLD HUNTER

Grouse870

Heres the one i built

The board on the bottom protect the roll of paper

TrackeySauresRex

I use the signs people leave on the side of the road.

G.H.... Do you go through a lot of closepins? I like your idea.

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER link=topic=31963.msg328986#msg328986
date=1361572328

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GOLD HUNTER

very few, but @ $ 1.50 per 100 and a free sign people leave on the side of the road..... THATS CHEEP !!

and e-z to take to the range  :z-winnersmiley: 

chatterbox

This is mine. My brother is a welder, and built it for me. It holds a 36"X36" piece of paper, and all I do is drive it into the ground, and put the paper on it with clothes pins.
It's not great on a windy day, as it acts like a sail with the paper on it. I just buy a big roll of contractor paper at Home Depot, and cut the rolls to the size I need.

Treeninja

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 22, 2013, 06:47:24 PM
very few, but @ $ 1.50 per 100 and a free sign people leave on the side of the road..... THATS CHEEP !!

and e-z to take to the range  :z-winnersmiley:

Thats funny because I do the same thing. Plus I like how it's close to the same height as a turkey, so I can sit just as I would in the turkey woods when shooting...

zeke632

No picture but I use an old real estate sign frame with a 1/2" plywood 4'x5' screwed to the frame. I staple about a 36"x36" paper off of a roll of white paper

captin_hook

Skeeterbait

Bent conduit with conduit rollers to roll the paper up on.  Wing nuts and washers lock the rollers in place on the allthread bars.  One improvement I need to make is to place a flat bar stock shield in front of the bottom roller to prevent the roll of paper from getting hit by the occasional stray pellet.  When this happens the paper doesn't unroll well.

devin4484

Skeet you got it going on!  I'm gonna have to build one now

njdevilsb

I built one similar to Grouse870's.  I'd take a picture but it's in the camp surrounded by snow that's too deep to drive through to get in there.