turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Coyote Stalks Turkey Hunter

Started by tomstopper, February 22, 2013, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

I would have shot this coyote before it ever even got that close to me....

http://youtu.be/NT6sePYyeL0

Spring_Woods

I can't believe he didn't kill that thing. It should have been dead in the first 15 seconds of seeing it. Why was his gun on the ground?
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

AUDoubleBeard

Who knows, but that looks more like a wolf to me.

BrowningGuy88

I can assure you that he wouldn't have been able to run away from me...

If I had a large gobbler and a coyote both in front of me I would shoot the coyote!

ridgerunner

I've actually had coyote come into my setups many times like that.. Shot a few and some I scared off as to not spook birds.

Gooserbat

I've called in both bobcats and yotes.  Once I had two yotes come in together only to split up and stalk in from two opposite directions.  Only the one left.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

wasted opportunity to rid a mence.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

hookedspur

I believe I Would have to drop the hammer On him
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

captin_hook

Why wouldn't that guy shoot him? Unbelievable.

rev

After hunting all morning last spring, I found a nice clump of pine trees in a open field to sit down in the shade and too take a little nap and to eat my lunch, just sitting there making just a couple of calls just to let some lonely Tom know I was there, after about 30 mins, I was ready to take my nap,when I hear some leaves crunching to my 5:00 getting closer and closer,
Afraid to move just  in case that big old Tom was coming up behind me, when I hear a light snort,
I slowly turned, I was staring at a yote about 2 feet away from me, my eyes got big,  his eyes got big, we both jumped. He was gone faster then I could grab my gun, gave me the heeby geebys, no nap for me that was to close for me

GC

The title of the post is a misleading... the coyote wasn't knowingly stalking a human.

Turkey Trot

A friend watched from his blind a panther in FL sniff and follow his trail.  The cat then saw, stalked, and attacked his decoys.  He was in the blind with just a bow and did not want to make it worse and cause and attach, and he did not think the law would be in his favor in shooting a panther.  He sat until the cat figured out it did not want to eat the plastic decoys.

He lost interest in hunting Osceolas and isn't going back.  ;) 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

mikejd

I have had that happen 2 times. Both times it was first light and right bafter my first tree call bam here they came. The first one I was sitting in an L position with my back against a big rock. The coyote didnt see me with all the camo and he actually steped over my legs. I could have pet him. second time he made a full run across a field at me and that one once he got to 5' I jumped at him to scare him off. both times were the same I was within 100 yds of my roosted birds and really didnt want to risk scaring them. I worked way to hard to mess my birds up.

justjohn

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was watching my decoys and saw something out out of the corner of my eye.
Wow BANG, end of story.

John

renegade19

I've had it happen twice in the last few years.  Both times ended in a bang.  One female put on a great show stalking my decoys from across a field.  Made me realize how smart, wary, and in this case patient they can be.