OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Shell In Town White Lightning

Started by agturkey, February 21, 2013, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Not paid just sharing!
While at NWTF convention come across a shell by Spectra Shot called White Lightning...all I can say is the shell has proven to be a real shooter...I had my doubts so had to shoot some to see and was more than surprised with the results.  My best groups come from a 650 kicks in my Remington 870.  I will post pictures in time but for now if your looking for a new outstanding load I think we have a true player in the lead game.  Here is some info from other links also.  It's not pushing a product just one I am glad I found!
http://spectrashot.net/ecwid/#ecwid:category=0&mode=product&product=11293895
http://the-reverend-fowl.blogspot.com/2012/07/full-metal-jacket-new-turkey-shotshells.html
http://www.derbycitycalls.com/2013/02/wild-turkey-with-white-lighting

jerf

agturkey

Not yet but I look for them to be big players in the turkey shell game.  Why?  Quality control and proven results before release!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteMy best groups come from a 650 kicks in my Remington 870.

I already own this combo.  Haven't patterned the .650 with Turkey loads yet.  Waiting for warmer temps.

That shell needs to be on a store shelf somewhere.  I don't order ammo through the mail.

TrackeySauresRex

Old school shell design, with the newer components. I can't wait to see the patterns. That ad says extra large 6's,does that mean almost 5's?
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

BandedSpur

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 22, 2013, 09:44:43 AM
Old school shell design, with the newer components. I can't wait to see the patterns. That ad says extra large 6's,does that mean almost 5's?

The ad says 354 pellets in a 1.625 oz load. That means they count 218/oz. Nominal lead #6s count 225/oz. Lead 5s count 170/oz, so no they are not almost 5s, rather slightly over size 6s.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 22, 2013, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 22, 2013, 09:44:43 AM

The ad says 354 pellets in a 1.625 oz load. That means they count 218/oz. Nominal lead #6s count 225/oz. Lead 5s count 170/oz, so no they are not almost 5s, rather slightly over size 6s.

Thanks for explaining. Now I'm gettin it.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gumby

Ordered three boxes early last week and should be here any day....ill post my pattern results. I too have heard great things about these shells

Rockhound

$2.20 per shell is a little to steep for me for lead

timberjack86

I agree thats a little high. I am awaiting your pattern pics before I pass judgement ;D

Ded Goblr

Sounds interesting, but 1 3/4 oz min. would be better. I'm not from Missouri, but "Show Me" anyway!! Not much more exspensive than other premium loads. Won't take long to hear if their any good.. Same payload & nickel shot that the worthless Hornady's tout.. We'll see..

Mike Honcho

I believe Allaboutshooting might have some experience with them...maybe Clark will weigh in on this thread.

hawk

agturkey

mcgruff1533

Anybody have any pattern pics yet?    I wouldn't mind having a solid 40 yard lead turkey load in my inventory as HTL prices continue to rise.