OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE2 .660 choke options?

Started by BlakeJ, February 21, 2013, 04:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

A buddy and I both have SBE2's and are about to do some serious patterning. We are good on loads and need one more choke in 660.

Recommendations???

BrowningGuy88

Congrats on the SBE2! I really liked the Rob Roberts choke in my Vinci with Hevi 3" Mag Blends.

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

PALongspur

BlakeJ

Loads:  All 3.5", all of the Hevi 13 options, win supreme hv lead 5's, fed premium lead 4's, extended range 6's, plus some other lead that we have lying around.

I got impatient and ordered a jellyhead 660. As soon as everything comes in we'll head to the range and bruise the snot outta our shoulders.

I'll post some results.

CrustyRusty

hangitup

Hey I have a Wright's #2 choke .660 that was recommended by Clark Bush who you've probably seen here on this forum a lot, he can vouch for it as a great combination for hevi 13 in SBE2.  My particular gun does well with it but I'm going to test some others I don't think i have found the right combination yet..

I'm gonna try a few different loads through it soon and if i decide to try something different maybe me and you or your buddy can swap it for one of yours that didn't work well for you..  I bought it from his website allaboutshooting.com last year for a little over $60 and have only shot about 10 rounds through it.  Would you have any interest in maybe doing that? 

GobblinNC

beagler

+1 on the Rhino and Nitro combo.
Never Misses

mightyjoeyoung

My 24" SBE II puts up an avg 250 in the 10" at 40 with 3.5/2.25/6 straight hevi shot through a .670 Pure Gold. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

chubbyone

I shoot the Indian Creek 660 in my SBEII with 24" barrel. I also tried a jellyhead and both shoot great. Hevi 13 3.5 in. #7's the best in the 10 but Hevi 13 3.5 in. #6's shot the most even pattern. I shoot the 6's. My patterns are on the pattern forum around march 2012.

01Foreman400

Quote from: GobblinNC on February 21, 2013, 08:49:07 PM
rhino .660 and nitros

My SBE 2 with a Rhino .670 and Nitro 3.5" 2 7/16 oz. #7's got 327 hits at 40 yards in. 10" circle.  Nitro and Rhino is a proven combination and has been for years. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

nyhunter

Rob Roberts Final Strut.. Rob will work with you and exchange the choke for a different size if the .660 doesn't perform to what you want.