OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What camo combinations do you use?

Started by dawgfrombama, February 21, 2013, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

No combos here, Realtree APG all the way.  When our season gets started, the first or second Saturday in April, we are having good green up everywhere.

runngun

I like: Mossy Oak bottomland
         Mossy Oak Obsession
         Realtree All Purpose Green (APG)

They work for me!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TN Beard Buster

I personally use Obsession exclusively! I agree that camo patterns are overrated to an extent but if a particular  pattern gives you confidence then by all means use it!

Shoregobbler

Predator Green Deception, Predator Spring Green with Mothwing Spring Mimicry!

tomstopper

Quote from: chatterbox on February 21, 2013, 04:49:47 PM
Whatever I can fit my fat azz in after a winter of slacking! :toothy12:
It really doesn't matter. I mix and match everything.
x2

swamp_bird89

Whatever is clean......I killed all my birds last year while wearing a pair of hunter green khakis.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Mossy oak obsession, forest floor and bottomland.

appalachianstruttstopper

Which ever Walmart had on clearence the year before.  :toothy9:

captpete

My pants are Mossy Oak Infinity and the shirt/sweatshirt is Mossy Oak New Break-up. The hat is what ever I happen to grab as I head out the door.

flintlock

My camo consists of about 5-6 different patterns over 30 years and as long as I don't move, the gobblers get shot even with non-matching patterns.   I don't look as cool when going out for breakfast, but the money I saved on new camo pays for extra biscuits.

Good luck
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

redleg06

I pick my camo on 3 criteria....

#1  Comfort-  I get hot easily so I like the lighter weight camo and just layer up when I need to.

#2 Price - no need to pay for the newest stuff, when the older stuff works fine.

#3 Camo pattern/color-  I FIRMLY believe that almost any of the modern camo patters work well for almost any terrain as long as they have mostly brown/gray colors.  I dont got much of the "spring green" colors because early in the season, there's not a ton of green out there but no matter what time of season, there is ALWAYS going to be brown and gray (color of tree bark/brush and leaves on the ground).  Also used to hunt in the old school camo and army fatigues when I started hunting "back in the day" and as long as you sit still, hide decently well and break up your outline, the birds didnt seem to notice me.

ziggy

it's no secret that camo is geared more towards the hunter's preference than the game they're pursuing.  as long as you're in the shadows and/or have some cover in front you if doesn't really matter.  that being said, i wear my treklite pants and shirts in obsession just because they're lightweight and quick drying.  i also wear gloves and a face mask, just because it gives me more confidence.  what pattern my clothes are doesn't really matter to me though.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

totallycluckedup

I have a mossy oak obsession diffusion suit that I've been using the last 6 years.  I love it... was pricey but holds up great.  I just pull that over some light weight camo pants and a tshirt

WickedBama

Live For It!

mikejd

When I was younger I had a major addiction to Bill jordans Advantage. I sort of still might. I have 4 guns in that pattern and that may be because of that pattern. Well when i was younger and single I actually had a few bucks So I kind of bought everything. Luckily I am still living off of old stock. That said I have added advantage timber and a few other greener camos to my wardrobe. Now I like the mossy oak lineup. Remember its not a passion its an obsession.