OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What camo combinations do you use?

Started by dawgfrombama, February 21, 2013, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

I usually have a combo of Mossy Oak products that range from breakup, breakup infinity, bottomland and a vest that is obsession.

Skeeterbait

My stuff is a mixture of Advantage Timber, Realtree APG and a few items of Realtree AP and MO Forest Floor.

Spring_Woods

Just depends on whatever I can find when I wake up and stumble out the door!
I have some mossy oak obsession and realtree ap.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

BrowningGuy88

I wear MossyOak BottomLand exclusively. I have an insulated set of Breakup Infinity that I will break out on those sub-30 mornings, but those are few and far between in Alabama's season.

WickedBama

Quote from: Daman on February 21, 2013, 11:58:12 AM
I wear MossyOak BottomLand exclusively. I have an insulated set of Breakup Infinity that I will break out on those sub-30 mornings, but those are few and far between in Alabama's season.
Yea just made it though the season last year before the Bama blizzard hit us lol.
Live For It!

TnTurk

At the beginning of the season I try to match the enviroment with Breakup, Fall Foliage, and Bottomland. As the woods green up, I mix and match the above with some kind of green like old Greenleaf and Full Foliage. By the end of the season I just grab whatever looks cleanest and has the least amount of smell.  ;D

Gooserbat

I now use Natgear SCII but I'll admit there is a soft place in my heart for Bottomland and Obsession.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

redarrow

To tell the truth ,I dont know. Whatever I grab that keeps me comfortable. I kinda look like an explosion at the Goodwill store.

30_06

stinkpickle

Whatever I happen to pick up.  Between my hat, vest, shirt, pants, gloves, and so on...I usually have at least three different patterns.   ;D

catdaddy

I'm much like Red and Stink-- I couldn't tell you the brand of camo I have on if my life depended on it.

Onpoint

I wear camo that is open and has good contrast. I don't like a real dark camo
Pattern. Alot of the big sellers are terrain specific. Sure they'll work great in the right setting but say you don't have the perfect tree with shadows to set up against. This is why I like the predator line and asat. Anything will work, sitting still is the main thing. I've killed em in blue jeans before. I like to mismatch my camo, I don't think I have any that matches and I wouldn't have it any other way. The pants I like are Cabelas ACU. They're a military pant in hunter specific camo. They're tough and got removable knee pads. I have the seclusion open country which is a light camo designed for fields or western hunting. I took a black permanent marker and added a lil personal touch to darken it up and give it a little more contrast. I'll upload a pic here in a lil while.

chatterbox

Whatever I can fit my fat azz in after a winter of slacking! :toothy12:
It really doesn't matter. I mix and match everything.

Hognutz

I wear whatever is clean..With that being said, I believe that all camo is over-rated and is the product of a well orchestrated, multi-million dollar marketing scheme. If I was a betting man, I would have to say that, over time, more turkeys have been killed by men in blue bib overalls, with a with snot rag hanging out the back pocket, than have been killed in camo.
I admit that camo is, indeed, effective, but I rather doubt that it matters if you match the pants to the shirt.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but some think that if they don't look like the bush or tree that they are sitting next to, the hunt is over. Not the case..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.