turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Input into new turkey gear and clothing requested

Started by MS, February 20, 2013, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS

I am leading a team that will be designing high-end (without the high-end prices) garments and gear for turkey hunting.  Initially, we will have pants, a shirt and a mask and then add a vest and/or a gear belt later.

Now's your opportunity to help design the clothing and gear for chasing turkeys you've always wished were available.

If you could design the perfect shirt, pants and mask for turkey hunting, what features would they have?  Same question for a vest and/or gear belt

redarrow

Shirt: 2 pockets.
         Large Buttons.(old arthritis fingers ).
         Option of hvy.for cold mornings,and a lighter version for warm days.
         long tail that doesn't pull out of your pants when you sit down.
Pants: 6 pocket cargo with zippers. (no noisy velcro)
         Again lightweight and heavier weight for weather.
         All seams triple stitched.
         Re enforced knees
Face Mask:Full wrap around.
               Breathable with out fogging for us that wear glasses.
               Long enough to tuck into collar for cool mornings.
None of that one size fits all crap. Cause it doesn't. Small - Big and Tall. Big boys turkey hunt too.

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

2much2loud

Maybe some call specific pockets on shirt and pants.... Possibly thin foam knee and butt pads built in pants (almost like mnt bike shorts)and spine pad in shirt....maybe magnetic closures on pockets.... And make the pants so the crotch doesn't hang to your knees... Let us know if and when your line come available

wisconsinteacher

Pants that will not rip when I catch them on a barbed wire fence.  :TooFunny:

gdublongwilly

I would love to have a face mask that is mostly solid spandex material except over the mouth area, where it could be mesh or something.  I dont like not the inability to breath easily when I get all hopped up because a big ol' hog gobbler is coming in.  I think that may help with the glasses fogging up as well, lets the vapor escape rather than stay in the mask and go up to the eyeglasses. 

Another idea is maybe have a small magnet enclosure for the mesh over the mouth to easily switch mouth calls without pulling up the entire mask etc....  ya know easy access.  My ideas for you!   :funnyturkey:

Thanks for giving us the opportunity for some input on your clothing design.

Shellwaster

Thanks you for asking hunters what we want.
I suggest a shirt, button up or slip on, that is breathable and quick drying for the hot afternoon and muggy mornings in the south. Something that is color fast and won't fade. I like the idea of magnetic closures on a mouth call mesh pocket, say four individual over the left breast. A spine pad is a great idea.

For pants something along the line of the under armour ridgeliner series with more options for sizes, need pads, rip-stop material that's water resistant (treated?) and at least one cargo pocket on each leg with zipper closures.

I don't know if is possible but clothes that are impregnated with permanone for long term treatment. But most importantly affordable. I say this but I'm willing to pay a little more (10-20%) if made in the USA with materials made here as well

mikejd

A made in USA label. The rest I will leave up to you guys.

Eric Gregg

Ol' Tom puts a lot of thought into theirs.....but I do not like the price.
One thing they use that I like is magnetic attaching points where you do not have to fool with a zipper. Also the added spine pads help a lot and the way the pockets are laid out really help reduce the need for a vest.
If you could build something along that line, without the ridiculous prices and made completely in the USA I would be glad to jump ship with Ol Tom.

Tomspur

Merino wool in shirt and pant as well as the face mask. Does not itch and keeps you warm down to teens and up to 70's. Good stuff.

Old Gobbler

Mask -- Mosquito proof - perhaps something like the Shannon's brand bugtamer type fabric system - fog proof would be great -with the wire rimmed eye opening - with a adjustable eyestrap to keep it snug something like the spring loaded tie offs for the elastic ,like  they have on  laundry bags or decoy bags would be nice -  here is a pick of the material ( the one on the right ) for use in the facemask

Shirt ....Extra long sleeves to keep the whites of your arms from showing , and keep mosquito's from biting - Extra large pockets with flaps { big enough to hold a pot call or box-  with inner compartments for holding a striker or diaphragm call } long tail flap to keep your backside covered

Pants - Built tuff , wont fade , long legs to keep socks and legs from being exposed and bitten by bugs   

you didnt say gloves , thick wool  to keep the bugs off ---- and  long , long cuffs and spandex in the tips so you can feel the trigger and operate the call

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mikejd

Some great ideas coming over here. The may have set the affordable feature aside with these great options. Although I know myself I am willing to pay for a great product. It always works out in the end.

runngun

I like Diamond Cut jeans, they are "gussetted" or have extra fabic in the crotch area. So when you sit down they don't put you in a bind if you know what I mean. This would be great in camo pants.
Large buttons on the shirts and some magnetic closures on call pockets. Quiet, soft, fabric is a must. As others have said, warm weather and cool weather both is a must for turkey hunting. I also like to hunt in over-alls too, some of those in a great camo and tough as nails would be nice.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

birdyhunter

Maybe a shoulder pad in the shirt, and reinforced shoulders to keep a vest from rubbing as much while walking.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2