Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Here she is....

Started by trkehunr93, February 20, 2013, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

as of this morning!  This is our traveling call, still needs some finish sanding and a nice finish put on it but take a look and let me know how you think it sounds.  I feel like I need to tune it a bit more.  This call has a real high pitch with some rasp, great for locating with long distance yelps, cutts and cackles.  It is a butternut box with a cedar paddle.  First time I've tinkered with making a paddlebox so it's trial and error.

davisd9

Sounds good to me!  I think she will do some killing for sure!   :icon_thumright:

Thanks for doing it!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bustabeak

Looks awesome! Thanks for doing it for us! Ill have to give it a listen when I get home!

JVA54

Turkeykiller12

dirt road ninja

It looks good to me! Have you built any other box calls before? That doesn't look like your first time around.

trkehunr93

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 22, 2013, 06:25:42 PM
It looks good to me! Have you built any other box calls before? That doesn't look like your first time around.

Thanks! I have to admit, I had to get some assistance with it.  I'm still learning, got two big blocks of walnut to practice with.