OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many don't use a vest?

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 19, 2013, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I dont go anywhere without my vest. The easiest part is I know when I'm going hunting all I do is throw my vest and gun in the truck and off I go. I know I take to much stuff but if I leave something out it's usually what I need.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Ded Goblr

Hunted many years without one. Now I can't imagine why I didn't have one years before, sure is nice to put a bird in with a long walk back to the truck.

RIStrutStopper

I use one. Very convenient having all of your stuff organized in different pockets. I just picked up a new one from wing supply with a thicker seat cushion than my old one, and hopefully it will retain my strikers a little better than the old one. I used to throw everything in a day pack and strap an inflatable cushion around my waist but I like using a vest better.

Spring_Woods

Nope, not in ohio. Last year on our Kentucky trip I used one but didn't carry anymore than what I would normally carry in my fanny pack. I take the seat cushion off as well. Only reason I wore it down there is to carry water. You never know which side of the mountain your going to have to climb.

What I carry:
Fanny pack
Face mask (usually worn around neck until its time)
870 SM with sling
Camo pants, shirt and hat
Danner pronghorns

Inside Fanny pack:
5 shells
3-5 pot calls
7-8 strikers
Sandpaper
Couple of soft call bags to keep noise down
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

o2stk1

have always used one if I am going to be in a blind or know I not moving I can slip out of it and still have my stuff at hand. like most prob. carry to much but its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it (lonesome dove)--for me its like going bass fishing without a tackle box never know what they will bite

n2deer

I haven't worn one in a few years. There is only one thing I wish for at times and do not have, a extra bottle of water.

TN-Hunter

I use one I like the pockets and a good seat helps m set still longer

Old Gobbler

I used a vest back in the 1980's then swore off of them cause I lost too many calls out of them - till about 5 years ago I started back with them again

I liked to use a army map/messenger bag to keep my calls and gear then place the rest in my pockets

But I now have a BPS vest with the padded chair built into it - its very practical for me
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

appalachianstruttstopper

I use a vest because I like to pack my turkeys out in the game bag with the blaze orange out. Some places I hunt on public property I have killed a turkey 6 or 7 miles from the truck. Couldn't imagine lugging a 20lb bird over my shoulder for 3.5hrs.

mikejd

Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on February 19, 2013, 11:27:27 PM
I use a vest because I like to pack my turkeys out in the game bag with the blaze orange out. Some places I hunt on public property I have killed a turkey 6 or 7 miles from the truck. Couldn't imagine lugging a 20lb bird over my shoulder for 3.5hrs.

If I were shooting my birds 6-7 miles from the truck I would be carrying a 1 gal ziplock instead of a vest. For the breasts and tag. Spurs and beard but there light.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I can't imagine turkey hunting without a vest.

Going turkey hunting without a vest would be the equivalent to going deerhunting without a treestand... I just don't do it.

njdevilsb

I usually do,especially for the first setup of the day.  If we spot a bird and need to make a quick move from the truck to the woods, I'll just grab my gun, shells and a diaphragm and go.

gaswamp

haven't used a vest in about 10 years

TauntoHawk

I use a vest most of the times, if im doing lot of hiking I opt for a good back pack with seat strapped to the bottom, if its a quick dash out of the truck i just grab mouth calls, 2 pots, 2 strikers, and a crow call and wear my ol tom shirt

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roostem33

Where i hunt its pretty warm so I carry a fanny pack with all my goods.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)