OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dear Outdoor Television Show Producers.....

Started by Rio, February 19, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

Who cares how someone else likes to hunt?  Personally I like hunting in or out of the blind.  90% of my turkey hunting is with my dad.  We live 15 hours a part.  So for us, getting out in the woods, sitting in a blind allows us to talk and joke around a bit that we couldn't do on the open ground.  We like to video tape the hunt and have a good thermos of coffee in the morning and just enjoy our favorite hobby together.  If that offends some people, or if you don't think it's the "right" way I couldn't care less.  All I know is that as soon as the trip is over, we spend all year talking on the phone about the next year's turkey hunt.  We love it that much and hunting together has made us very close.  I have other hunting buddies down here, but there's nothing like sharing a pot of coffee with the old man while we sit in a blind, listen to the birds on the roost and have a good time watching them come in to decoys and put on a show.  We even get a kick when that lonely hen comes walking in to !@#$ slap the crap out of his DSD hen... I wouldn't have it any other way.

Example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falg_Cv1Er4&context=C4abbc99ADvjVQa1PpcFNHTBVxlGorpi1FGOU_0SmT4-5u5bvUlsE=

jhcats10

Quote from: Rio on February 21, 2013, 12:47:38 AM
Charlie, of course I hunt ducks out of a blind. That's how you hunt ducks!! That's how ducks have been hunted since the beginning of time.
As for turkey hunting, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm guessing most Indians weren't packing a Double Bull.

Man I wish I knew your duck hunting setup...  Cause I'm pretty sure 100 years ago they weren't using 3.5" HM loads, spinners, a boat load of fancy decoys, fancy boats, fancy waders, highly developed choke tubes, nice warm blinds with stoves to cook breakfast... etc.  And I bet since your a duck guide that you have a couple $100 Echos or RNTs.... 

Pretty sure they way you hunt ducks IS NOT the way it's been done since "the beginning of time".

Just try bow hunting turkeys out of a "tent" and see how easy it is.

Rio

Quote from: totallycluckedup on February 21, 2013, 09:30:22 AM
Who cares how someone else likes to hunt?  Personally I like hunting in or out of the blind.  90% of my turkey hunting is with my dad.  We live 15 hours a part.  So for us, getting out in the woods, sitting in a blind allows us to talk and joke around a bit that we couldn't do on the open ground.  We like to video tape the hunt and have a good thermos of coffee in the morning and just enjoy our favorite hobby together.  If that offends some people, or if you don't think it's the "right" way I couldn't care less.  All I know is that as soon as the trip is over, we spend all year talking on the phone about the next year's turkey hunt.  We love it that much and hunting together has made us very close.  I have other hunting buddies down here, but there's nothing like sharing a pot of coffee with the old man while we sit in a blind, listen to the birds on the roost and have a good time watching them come in to decoys and put on a show.  We even get a kick when that lonely hen comes walking in to !@#$ slap the crap out of his DSD hen... I wouldn't have it any other way.

Example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falg_Cv1Er4&context=C4abbc99ADvjVQa1PpcFNHTBVxlGorpi1FGOU_0SmT4-5u5bvUlsE=

Now this.....I'll hand it to ya....best reason yet to hunt out of a blind

Rio

Quote from: jhcats10 on February 21, 2013, 09:39:38 AM
Just try bow hunting turkeys out of a "tent" and see how easy it is.

I just told you how easy it was! Didn't you read my post? My buddy killed two turkeys
while playing Angry Birds and rocking an AC/DC t-shirt.

Argue all ya want. I'm right...lol.

Wingbone

Quote from: Rio on February 21, 2013, 09:47:41 AM
Quote from: totallycluckedup on February 21, 2013, 09:30:22 AM

Now this.....I'll hand it to ya....best reason yet to hunt out of a blind

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Only reason I've seen that I'll agree with. I don't bowhunt turkeys, mainly due to how many I know my "archery purist" neighbors have boogered and I found dead on my land. But, it's not illegal, so I can't do much about it. As far as watching it on TV...... not a fan.
:z-dizzy:
In Hoc Signo Vinces

stinkpickle

It's like golf.  I might enjoy doing it...but I don't like watching it on TV.

alclark2

If its legal and you like to hunt them like that then by all means... thanks for the support for the hunting community. Different strokes for differnt folks. I view bow hunting turkeys with a bow one of the more challenging hunts to try. I prefer a run n gun style but I hunt out of a blind in the rain. It seems to me that if you know where they strut and you setup on them with a shotgun its easier to kill them. I've watched a guy on an old team realtree video shot a bird wiht a bow from the ground in a ghillie leaf suit. I was impressed. I support all legal methods of hunting. Some I choose to participate in and others I don't.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

catdaddy

For me---most of the outdoor hunting show are unwatchable. All the staged scenes and editing prove to be an insult to my intelligence. In addition, it seems you get a few minutes of action ( many times contrived) with the rest of the show being commercials. But--some folks obviously like them--they seem to be pretty popular.