OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who all made the 2013 Convention?

Started by Wingbone, February 17, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingbone

The wife went with me this year. Said she wanted to finally see what all the fuss was about. It was awesome as usual. Really though I had more fun this year than I ever have. Got to meet a lot of the guys that make the calls I see traded on this site. Got some good deals on chokes and clothes. Seemed like every Outdoor TV personality in the country was there on Saturday. I don't get into that sort of thing, but for those that do, you could get all the autographs you wanted. There seemed to be way more people this year than ever before. Last year, they announced attendance at over 40,000 while I was there. This year it looked like WAY more than that. I hope all the vendors from this site had a good show because they make it what it is.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

n2deer

darn2ten

Me and my boy went on Friday, had a great time. I live in Tennessee, and Fridays are the day I always go on. For some reason the number of people seemed noticeably low than years past. But maybe not, as Clark Bush has posted about numbers being over 50,000 this year. Saturday must have been slam packed!

mountman62

I was there, but I will tell the story later, but I did get to see some of the forum folks, missed the group pic, but I did write on the banner, not saying what, great folks all around, I worked the Mossy Oak booth most of Friday, and early Saturday morning, it was crazy Saturday, but I did manage to make a few great buys while I was in Nashville  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

reflexl

Tomspur

My wife and I went on Friday and Saturday. It was crazy busy but it was amazing. Met my favorite call makers (Albert Paul and David Halloran). Both were great. Sat in the Ray Eye and Eddie Salter siminars. They are very different but both are obviously great hunters.
It was our first time but definitely not the last.

Wrangler95

I went on Friday,it's less crowded that day.
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

pappy

My son inlaw and I got there Saturday morning, hit the convention with great enthusiasm. we met so many of our OG friends, and made new friends this year, still crying over my (ribbon-less ) trumpet caller ... lol .... but I got to talk with Don Bald a very respectful and super great call maker and person who gave me some tips on carving that I can't wait to try out. Of course there was Mr. Pauls and a visit with Chris Kirby and some other "green horns" that were full of excitement being their first show. Picked up my first Boat Paddle from the Quaker Boys, I have never held so much Mahogany in my hands at one time, it is one massive caller, found some super great mineralized poplar and mahogany blanks with some killer stabilized blanks from my oregon buddy. Got plenty of pics, and will be posting them later today, went out for dinner with a couple of turkey nuts and had some great laughs, sadly it ended Sunday morning, but never was so glad to sleep in my own bed that night............
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

J Hook Max

I spent three days working a booth for Rocky Top game Calls. Had a good time hanging out with good friends old and new.

HartClemson99

I was there.  Good times like always!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

bullet355

BigMick

The wife and I were there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Worked the Woodhaven booth Saturday afternnon and Sunday morning.  Saw some old friends and made a bunch of new ones.  Had a blast but was glad to get home.

Kywoodsman

Made it down for the last few hours of the show on Saturday and spent most the day Sunday there. Had a great time and already can't wait tip next year.

TN-Hunter

I was there Saturday morning good show

slamman

My wife and I went for the first time and had a great time.