turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Lounger in Walmart???

Started by jbennett, February 17, 2013, 12:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

That's exactly what I said when I found a GL in Walmart tonight with "Turkey Thugs" stamped on it. I have been a longtime fan/owner of the GL, but I thought that it was a Cabelas exclusive item. By the way the price was $20! Blown away! I have it set up beside my GL and it is identical in design, down to the crappy little carrying strap. Only difference is the Mossy oak camo. Anyone else stumbled across these anywhere besides Cabelas?

TurkeyScratch

I noticed my local Walmart had them but they were out, just an empty box on the shelf  :character0029:.

ctwny1

Got to check my Walmart out and see if they have it.

CASH

A lot of companies are copying the idea. Their R&D folks cruise the forums and know what's popular.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ctwny1

China is more than happy to provide anybody anything. I still say I would be happy to pay more for anything made here in the USA over any Country.

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: ctwny1 on February 17, 2013, 06:38:00 AM
China is more than happy to provide anybody anything. I still say I would be happy to pay more for anything made here in the USA over any Country.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

tomstopper

Quote from: ctwny1 on February 17, 2013, 06:38:00 AM
:agreed: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

stinkpickle

I saw an NWTF version in woodland camo in one of their emails a while back.  It doesn't seem to be available anymore...just the Alps stuff.

northms

Dicks sporting goods also has a "lounger" made by Realtek I saw yesterday. Exact same chair with less camo. $29

ctwny1

Just for the heck of it I took a ride to our Walmart store and no chair in sporting goods. I just wanted to see if they had it and got my answer....NOPE.

jbennett

I bought the last one that our Walmart had and have checked at 3 more super centers since for a friend with no luck.

totallycluckedup

Bass Pro has it now too... it's called the redhead turkey lounger

Ded Goblr

I visit my local Cabela's frequently. I would say 80% of their merchandise with the Cabela's logo is made in China anyway. Kinda splitin hairs. I was kiddin with a Cabela's employee that they should change their name to Chi-bela's, and he agreed. Not the same place since the Cabela's brothers let the corprate managers take over.. At least they support our rights..

ziggy

and cabela's still has fantastic customer service, which is the reason why i buy a lot of stuff from them.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

drenalinld

Agree Cabelas has great customer service but the Cabelas gobbler lounger is not made in the USA. I just bought the Wal Mart lounger and it seems to be a great deal. It is only rated 225 lbs. Does anyone know the weight rating on the Cabelas lounger?