OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which production box call?

Started by Yooper, February 16, 2013, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appalachianstruttstopper

I like primos heart breaker myself, but a lynch call is hard to beat. 20ft away and they sound like a perfect hen in my opinion.

anthonyjhallen

rmbailey2010

Check out the Woodhaven Real Hen! Its a sweet sounding machine!

thundrchikin

I 2nd the Cane Creek Pro Custom box. :z-winnersmiley:

mudhen

Cody, Heartbreaker, have brought many toms into range for me....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

paboxcall

My personal preference is a Rohm Brothers box for the production call price range.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

danpsunurse

http://bettiscustomcalls.com/
Popular box with a walnut lid.  Turkey love this call.  I would love your guys to hear it. Maybe I will make a Youtube video, but I sure will not appreciate the call unless we where in the woods.

Oh, but I love my Woodhaven, Real Hen, Loud, Raspy.  Just a Great call that you can't go wrong.

:gobble:

BrowningGuy88

My favorite production box is far and away a Lynch World Champion. I have a real old one that was probably bought in the 60's or 70's and then last year I bought an Anniversary edition. Both sound great and are easy to run.

beagler

Never Misses

Chris Downs

It's a little on the higher end of prices for a production call, but I like the Woodhaven Cherry Real Hen for a production box.  Almost chose it this past weekend when I went looking for a box, but couldn't pass up a spending a little more for a handmade Purple Heart/Red Cedar David Halloran Checkered Short Box.  Also have to give some praise to the Cane Creek Pro Custom Box.  Cheaper in price than the Woodhaven, but a great sound none the less and Doug is a great caller and call maker.

Uncle Nicky

MADD River Otter. Sounds great, doesn't need chalk, and works in the rain.

Mike Honcho

Just saw a Quaker Boy Grand Old Master (new) looks like 10 years old maybe, sitting in a little local gunstore near me...marked down to $ 20.00.  Was in a hurry today and store was busy but I'm going back to get that one.

chatterbox

Primos box cutter is a good one. Called in my last longbeard with that one.

Muzzy61

Quote from: Mike Honcho on February 23, 2013, 05:07:16 PM
Just saw a Quaker Boy Grand Old Master (new) looks like 10 years old maybe, sitting in a little local gunstore near me...marked down to $ 20.00.  Was in a hurry today and store was busy but I'm going back to get that one.
.     Good find!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

barry

A buddy I hunt with always has a Primos Heartbreaker and a Putt Rohm box with him.
Both sound awesome.