OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which production box call?

Started by Yooper, February 16, 2013, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yooper

I've been using a Lynch Foolproof for years and I like it but there are a lot of new models now on the market. In your opinion, what production box call sounds the best?

mikejd

Lynch world champ. Just my opinion. great sounding call.

captin_hook

Muzzy61

Not new ( mid 1990's), but really like my Quakerboy Grand Old Master.  Have several custom boxes, but always have the Grand Old Master in my vest.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

birdyhunter

My box call is an old Quaker boy grand master that a good friend of mine from NC gave to me. He whittled down the sides and tuned it for me and that's the sweetest sounding box I've got.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

gotcha

Lynch World Champion or Quaker Boy mini boat paddle.QB is higher raspier,Lynch is more southern if that makes sense.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Mike Honcho

I like the Cody 6.5 one sider...really well made and rolls over into a great rasp.

For lower dollars the new Thug Box Blade from Quaker Boy sounds really good...Cabelas in Kansas City was sold out of them this week...noticed my local wally world had them. Its a single sided box.

runngun

Preston Pittman Sweet and nasty, or sweet talker.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BigMick

You owe it to yourself to try a Woodhaven Real Hen box call.  You will be impressed

WildTigerTrout

My favorite is my mid-1970's vintage Lynch World Champion. It just sounds better the older it gets. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gamblinman

Quote from: BigMick on February 16, 2013, 09:52:22 PM
You owe it to yourself to try a Woodhaven Real Hen box call.  You will be impressed

I agree. I have both the walnut and cherry. The cherry is always in my vest and has been the demise of many birds.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Yooper on February 16, 2013, 01:24:19 PM
I've been using a Lynch Foolproof for years and I like it but there are a lot of new models now on the market. In your opinion, what production box call sounds the best?

I love my old Lynch too!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

lmbhngr

TauntoHawk

I have a cane creek box  that's a darn good call for $35
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>