News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pick one to collect

Started by lmbhngr, February 15, 2013, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbhngr

This oughtta get you thinking

If you were to collect just one callmaker; Who would it be??

redarrow

Probably Doug Camp. Assuming your referring to past masters.

captin_hook

Be nice to have a collection of old Turpins

lmbhngr

Past or Present. I remember when I first started collecting back in 1993; I saw an ad for "Cost Calls" in the back of a T&TH magazine. I said to myself wow that`s alot of money for a turkey call. If I only knew then what I know now :character0029: Still have yet to own a Neil Cost box call. Now if I were to collect one callmaker I think I would go with Steve Mann.

merocustomcalls

My pick would be Ralph Permar, for obvious reasons.

paboxcall

Quote from: merocustomcalls on February 16, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
My pick would be Ralph Permar, for obvious reasons.

Or Frank Hegler for the same obvious reasons.  I have a trumpet from each of them, wish I had more.... :blob10:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

barry

I would like to have a collection of trumpets from Rev Zach Farmer since they seem to be about as rare as hens teeth!

birdyhunter

Lamar Williams, hands down.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

lmbhngr

willy8457

ziggy

cost for me.  my old man has an old cost call he got in the 70s or 80s and it's the best sounding box i've ever  had the pleasure of hearing.  that thing has been the demise of many an eastern.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

lmbhngr

I have yet to get a cost call. Have many others but not one of his; YET!

ccleroy

Billy Buice, and I'm adding to my collection slowly but surely. Can't have enough of his trumpets.

TRKYHTR

Neil Cost by a large margin. They will do nothing but go up in value. I have 2. As far as those who are still with us the ones mentioned above are all great.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

lmbhngr

I have talked to Steve on numerous occasions and he is just a great person.