OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum Feedback Time

Started by Old Gobbler, February 15, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Its Forum Feedback Time guys

Over the years I have always asked and valued the members input and feedback to help improve the site for you all

If there is a new category you think is worthy of consideration let me know

I added numerous forum sections , added another turkey contest for individual members , and streamlined the bingo process so we can play MORE bingo games - looking forward to developing the site further in the future --Shannon   

One other thing , after spring time I am going to have a annual screen name change day - some of you have asked me before if they could change their forum screen name to something they would like better than what they initially chose upon registration - probably in June , I will have a day where the interested members can PM me and I will switch out your old handle for a new one
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

socalturkeyman

I know its a hunting forum and a turkey hunting one at that,but how about a fly fishing board. I have seen of the guys tie flies on here and maybe they can get a chance to swap or sell.Plus I love to read about those eastern trout and looking at the picture of the fish and flies they use. Maybe I can start throwing some storys from California's eastern serrias trout and compare styles.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

jblackburn

I belong to several forums, state based, species based, and methods based.  Maybe it's because turkey hunting and all that surrounds turkey hunting is my passion, but I love where OG has ended up.   Ihave only been of for a little over a year, but this is a great place!  The culture of the forum is second to none! 

As long as the focus of the site is family friendly turkey hunting, this is the place to be!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

EMSDJ2

I think it's great the way it is. I can't think of anything more >>>>IMO!! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

longspur

There's many things I would like to say here but none of it involves suggestions for change so I'll just say this. :icon_thumright: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :you_rock: (read between the lines)

Eric Gregg

I have been on the forum for over 2 years and like where it has ended up.
I thought it rocked then but really like what it has grown into. Second to none IMHO.

I like how the contest has grown to now include individual achievements. The prizes on Bingo are awesome.....the folks are friendly and family environment is maintained. Last but not least we have a section where we can share encouragement for our faith, prayer request.....you won this minister over right there.

So in short I like it and if any area needs improvement I cannot foresee anything.
Great site

Gooserbat

OG is as good as it gets.  It's easy to navigate, simple, and straight forward. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mikejd

This place is just class act.

Its such a nice place to be that I actually do not tell certain people about it because of there not so class act personalities. No need for those people here.

redarrow

The only thing I would like to see is the return of the reloading section. I understand why it was removed and don't have a problem with that. However could you not insert a dis claimer that would protect OG from possible litigation.

Deputy 14

Leave it alone. Miss the reloading section but understand why it left. Otherwise awesome site  :icon_thumright:

Ded Goblr

It's all GOOD!! Thanks Shannon!!!!!

BowBendr

Quote from: redarrow on February 16, 2013, 12:23:23 PM
The only thing I would like to see is the return of the reloading section. I understand why it was removed and don't have a problem with that. However could you not insert a dis claimer that would protect OG from possible litigation.

I agree with Red. I understand why it's gone, but there's parts of it I really miss.

runngun

This is an AWESOME PLACE!!! I love it. I have been on here for along time. There maybe similar forums but absolutley NONE LIKE IT. This place is full of good people. Y'all deserve the credit for weeding out knotheads and folks that seem to want to put down on folks or their choice of equipment. Just because someone hunts with a gun or equipment I don't like don't mean you can't use it. You see this alot in other places but not here. Keep up the great work!!!!   :thanks:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

hookedspur

Quote from: BowBendr on February 16, 2013, 02:54:39 PM
Quote from: redarrow on February 16, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

I agree with Red. I understand why it's gone, but there's parts of it I really miss.

:icon_thumright:
I miss it as well but I do love the site ,
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

alloutdoors

My suggestion is just organizational in nature. The "Turkey Hunting Tips" section seems to have become a catch-all for a bunch of forums that have nothing to do with turkey hunting tips, or even turkeys in some cases. It seems this could be reorganized into several new sections.

For example, Turkey Taxidermy, Turkey Bowhunting, Fall Turkey Hunting, and Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Methods (currently under General Discussion) could all be pooled into a Turkey Hunting and Information section. Game Camera Pictures, Wildlife Photography, and You-Tube Turkey Hunting Videos could form a Media or Video And Photography section. The whole section just seems like it could use a reshuffle.

It's not a huge deal when using a web browser because you see all the forums at once anyway, but the current structure is a bit more cumbersome when using something like Tapatalk where you have to browse down through each level of hierarchy.