only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forum Feedback Time

Started by Old Gobbler, February 15, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ctwny1

I also like where OG has progressed. Keep it going...

Trax

I personally don't care for all the political talk in the main section.
I don't have a lot of posts so maybe my opinions not worth much, but I'd rather read about turkeys than politicians.

stone road turkey calls

maybe a once a month profile/interview on one of the OG custom call makers, maybe a few pics and some history.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

the Ward

Love this place!Great bunch of folks here!I don't post very much but i'm on here just about every day for over  the past two years reading posts.This is the only forum i'm a member of.I don't think i would change a thing but i do like the idea of maybe a monthly article/profile Q&A style on callmakers/choke builders/hunting gear stuff maybe focusing on the small mom and pop busniesses that make our country great!.......ward

Jay

Wish we could speed it up. Since we changed to the newer set up, I have long delays before a post or forum kicks on. Took me about 15 seconds just to be able to reply to this thread.

Gut Pile

I have only been here for a few months, but very similar to ArcheryTalk , see below link

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/

I have learned  a great deal of info from a great group of guys  that will make me a better person and a better Outdoorsman.

I particularly like the daily devotionals and the gun section and very much appreciate the easy spell check link on this

Keep up the great work!!! :OGani:

about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Old Gobbler

For people with slow page reloads - that will be due to the heavy graphics and your CPU/connection  not being able to keep pace - there is some remedies like clear out your cache and cookies - save your passwords , not for just this site but all your passwords, banking,facebook  etc... cause clearing this out will likely erase them

Reloading - Yes I miss it too , I built that place with the best of intentions -It could come back one day , maybe soon... who knows ..... I will try very hard to keep it to generalities and not mention any old water under the bridge -its been beaten to death but for the benefit of those who don't know I'll give you some 411 in no particular order

Peoples safety ,As the reloading grew popular so did peoples confidence in many areas - there were people with zero loading experience tackling some heavy duty stuff - my observations is that some were in over their heads - one post in particular, that was the one that forced me to wake up and  smell the coffee was when a member was so encouraged to reload a shot material - he opened up a shotgun shell Federal HW and replaced it with another projectile --  Numerous personal accounts of people witnessing other people shooting some of these " tested recipe " handloads and letting me know how dangerous they actually are because the user(s) have no clue what they are doing with the press and formula   - that was that for reloading as soon as I heard that , I was racing to delete the entire section right there and then -  Liability ..lets not go there its not pretty -especially if I am made aware there is a "third party" for profit venture and there is no insurance ..ATF....lets not go there , thats so ugly it broke the "ugly barrier" kind of like a how that girl looks after those 12 beers wear off - If I was ever to overcome these legal hurdles I would gladly place the reloading  back in there 

Politics -  like the rest of you I dont watch the news anymore for fear they will show or mention the name or face of the POTUS - I hate to be reminded of it -  I would like to create a political section , but that would like feeding garbage bears - pretty soon a very left leaner would go in there and start fighting with the bulk of the site and that would be unpleasant -- People post about politis here because they know they can find a consoling shoulder to cry on - its at the top of everyones minds these days   

Callmaker Interview - I wanted to do something like this about 4-5 years ago - we will see - At the time I had a swarm of callmakers on the site , as OG was the New hot place to show off calls - this was 2008 when the economy didnt quite catch up to peoples wallets - the economy has dusted off alot of callmakers _ I will see what we can do --

Thanks and keep em' coming --Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 16, 2013, 11:52:21 PM
My suggestion is just organizational in nature. The "Turkey Hunting Tips" section seems to have become a catch-all for a bunch of forums that have nothing to do with turkey hunting tips, or even turkeys in some cases. It seems this could be reorganized into several new sections.

For example, Turkey Taxidermy, Turkey Bowhunting, Fall Turkey Hunting, and Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Methods (currently under General Discussion) could all be pooled into a Turkey Hunting and Information section. Game Camera Pictures, Wildlife Photography, and You-Tube Turkey Hunting Videos could form a Media or Video And Photography section. The whole section just seems like it could use a reshuffle.

It's not a huge deal when using a web browser because you see all the forums at once anyway, but the current structure is a bit more cumbersome when using something like Tapatalk where you have to browse down through each level of hierarchy.
Ill look into some of these --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

headbanger

Shannon, thanks for the chance to provide feedback. I don't have any except to say you have done a fine job and I like it as is. I don't post much but read several times a day. The info is great!

reflexl

This is one of the best pull up a log to the fire forums I know of. Everyone seems like a old friend. Thanks for a great place.

Glad to hear about the name change day comming when I first signed on I signed up as reflex264 which I use on about a dozen forums. When our internet service ( I live in the sticks and only dial up is availible) failed the email address I used was the one from the old ISP. I couldn't log on so I had to use my yahoo address and set up my reflexl identity. It would be nice to once again be reflex264.

strutstopper

My only suggestion is to have an "all" button next to the number of pages on an individual thread. TNdeer.com has this feature and it makes it a lot easier to read through the threads.

RutnNStrutn

camotruck

I like to travel to different states and thought by now either my son would be traveling with me or my Dad, but Dad has passed and my boy has no interest now.  Maybe that'll change.  But I book a trip or two every year and if warranted I'd like a section that I could go on and find members that want to get together in small groups and travel to different stated to hunt birds.

Camo
"If you could make money the way you hunt, you'd be a rich man, and I wouldn't worry about you."   .....My Dad shortly before he passed.  Bye Dad  Love ya

Spring_Woods

With all the 2A talk going on right now, a political section wouldn't be a bad idea.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble: