turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Last hunt

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 15, 2013, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Well guys, I don't know if this is the right spot to post or not but I am going to anyway.  My wife's stepdad is very sick with cancer of the lungs and liver.  We think it is in his bones also but it does not matter any more.  As of the last week he stopped working and is now only able to make it from the bed to the living room.  He is a big outdoors man and was able to deer hunt this year but slept most of the time in the box blind.  He saw a few deer but did not lift his rifle.  He has a turkey tag and I am hoping to take him for a day.  My goal is to get him in the truck and go for a ride.  If we get to the woods that will be great.  We are not the closest family but this news is killing me.  I have tried to make hunting more in the past few years by taking kids, my wife and my dad.  I want them to shoot and get a bird or a deer not me.  I hope that I am able to do this so that some day someone takes me out when I am unable to.  I am not asking for anything from this group of turkey hunters other than to take the time to enjoy life.  I pray I get to take him hunting this spring.  Thanks for letting me use this forum to express my feelings and get things off my chest that I am not able to share with others, it really helps the heart.

spaightlabs

What you are wanting to do will mean a tremendous amount to him - good on ya. Find him a nice easy road birdie doesn't have to walk to far to get on.

Good luck and God bless.