turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Post New To turkey Hunting

Started by cajunhunter, February 14, 2013, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunhunter

Well, I have decided that after 6 years of owning our property in SW Mississippi I need to do something about these turkeys.  They seem to be good size flocks sometimes of 20-30 birds in our 4 ac field. We have messed around some and killed a few by luck deer hunting in the fall turkey season but I need to buckle down and take it to the next level.  I have a Benelli M2 that I have on order for several jobs and one of them is to help me kill my first Gobbler this year.  I am a rifle guy and don't have extensive knowledge of shotguns or loads or chokes but I have narrowed things down to that Hevi stuff and either Hevi choke or an Indian creek choke or maybe that Primo Jelly Choke.  I am looking to be on the forum to try and pick up some wisdom.  Thanks

captin_hook

:wagon:  you've come to the right place. From the sounds of what you are planning on using, it sounds to me you're on the right path. Lots of good and knowledgeable turkey hunters and call makers here.

FttFttVroom!

Welcome to OG and the awesome sport of turkey hunting! You are in for some good times

jayjay

Welcome aboard, you'll get plenty of good information from the folks on here. :turkey2:

tomstopper

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tail Feathers

Welcome and you're gonna love spring turkey hunting.
Get a call or two and the video "So you want to be a turkey hunter".

Go have fun and enjoy the addicting gobble!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Deputy 14

:welcomeOG:

You'll get plenty of good information here.

Big Timber

jblackburn

:welcomeOG:

Welcome to the forum and once you kill that first bird at 25 yards after he gobbles in your face,

:wagon:

Welcome to the addiction!  :turkey2:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DC1.

cajunhunter

Thanks for the warm welcome. DC1 My land is in Franklin county.

reflexl

Welcome!!!! As already said welcome to the adiction. The first time you set under a few gobblers for fly down you will be ruined. reflexl