turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chokes- no warranty with hevi shot?

Started by BlakeJ, February 14, 2013, 01:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

What's the deal with some chokes not warrantying Hevi shot? Has anyone ever messed up a choke using hevi shot?

R AJ

CYA- CYA -Liability on untested loads and when most said lead loads only they meant no steel loads.

The design of chokes such as the comp-n-choke with certain wads and large size TSS , etc. maight possibly cause swelling or destruction of a choke. Even Indian Creek experienced some of this with teh Federal FCW so yes there is reason for the statements.

I have never had a problem with the Hastings chokes that state Lead Only when using HTL loads.

Many coke makers state no steel shot in chokes tighter than modified. There are enough swollen barrels and worse to give reason to state limitations on certain chokes.
Tell us what you have and someone will probably give an idea about its limitations.

jbrown

What about the gobblin thunder choke...650@670??

budtripp

I've been shooting hevi 6's in my kicks .655. No problems

chipper

I've  shot countless loads of xrhd and hevi13 through a kicks .675, no problems,also run a bunch through a Answer .665 in a 870, no problems.

jbrown

cahaba

Me and my hunting partner have shot countless loads of Hevi thru a Kicks Gobblin Thunder chocks with no issues.