Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tornadoes in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.

Started by BOFF, February 11, 2013, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarcher38

Thanks for asking. I played baseball and graduated from southern miss. My fiancé has this semester left before she graduates. Thank good she was home for the long weekend they had for mardigras. I talked to some friends and coaches and they said it got pretty nasty. Campus had some damage but don't know specifics. I had friends watch it come down hardy st. And say it was crazy display of power. I don't think any were killed that I know of but some were injured.

Jbird22

My wife and I passed through there around 3pm on our way home from her parents' house in Petal. We were blessed to be ahead of the cell that produced the bad tornado. Her parents were without power last night but that's all they had to deal with thankfully. I also have several friends and family who live in the Oak Grove area and they made out ok. One buddy had some minor roof damage and metal fasica ripped off but other than that they were fine. He did say it went right over his house but that it hadn't touched down yet thankfully. Hattiesburg is a community that will respond and rebound quickly. The people there are very much community minded and will take care of their own. Praise God for the fact that so far there have been no confirmed fatalities!

BOFF

Amen to that.

I read extensive damage, but no fatalities.

God Bless,
David B.

coyotetrpr

Just shows that spring and all of it's might is just around the corner. Glad to hear all are ok.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.