OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Day out in the woods

Started by Huntress, February 11, 2013, 04:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntress

Our whole family spent the day out shed hunting and having a blast!  TONS of turkey sign all over the place...  it was just great to be outside enjoying the day.  But seeing so much sign had my oldest son and I longing for Spring Gobbler to arrive... 

Even tho we were making a racket and being silly, my oldest couldn't resist giving the pot call a try (as a family we were out shed hunting...  you can see one of his treasures behind him!)  He's got it BAD! 

spurman

Time with family in the woods, it just don't get any better than that.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

tomstopper

Quote from: spurman on February 11, 2013, 08:16:37 AM
Amen. People in general need to introduce their children to all the beauty that nature has to offer along with spending quality time with them more often. The world would be a much better place....

nate12285

Good to see you are getting them started early and to see them outside.

Huntress

Our boys LOVE hiking in the woods.  From the time they were about 3, they started taking several mile hikes with their Daddy.  They like looking for salamanders, toads, snakes, feathers...  and the surprising thing is they always made the walk themselves.  They were having so much fun being out there looking for interesting things they forget everything else.

Sad most people don't realize how amazing a walk in the woods can be...  what neat and interesting adventures can be had.

nate12285

Quote from: Huntress on February 11, 2013, 10:16:33 AM
Sad most people don't realize how amazing a walk in the woods can be...  what neat and interesting adventures can be had.

Amen to that.

870FaceLift

Sounds like a great way to spend the day with the fam.
Pass it on...

Spring_Woods

Quote from: tomstopper on February 11, 2013, 09:15:41 AM
Quote from: spurman on February 11, 2013, 08:16:37 AM
Amen. People in general need to introduce their children to all the beauty that nature has to offer along with spending quality time with them more often. The world would be a much better place....

I agree. More time in the woods and less time in front of a tv and video games.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

runngun

Awesome, in our society this needs to happen a lot more!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.