turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 and heavyweight 7's

Started by bushwhacker, February 10, 2013, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwhacker

I have an 870 with 26 inch barrel that I have wanted to hunt with but until now couldn't find anything that it shot well enough. Today I shot some heavyweight 7's through it and I was impressed. At a taped 40 yards with a primos tightwad choke it put 129 hits in a ten inch circle and with an undertaker it scored 139 hits in 10. All with an unpolished barrel and just running factory bead sights. I can't wait for spring, bye bye 870 supermag!  :z-winnersmiley:

savduck

Nice set up. You have a great little turkey rig ready to go. You can probably get a little more out of it if you want. There is tons of info on that combo on here. Read up on past threads and you will find plenty. Congrats and good luck.
Georgia Boy

bushwhacker

I am going to get of tru glo pro series sights for it and call it ready to go. I may have it dipped after season but I'm not going to chase numbers, I hardly ever get a forty yard shot anyway. I'm just excited to hunt with it. Also the local store said that federal has a $7.50 a box rebate on the heavyweight 7's right now. Just thougt I'd pass that along!

Sand Man

100% polish the barrel.  You'll be amazed at the difference.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Philippe

My 870 20ga that has been deep cleaned and polished with the RSF choke and Fed Heavyweights, out shoots my 835 easily as well as many other 12's and 20's i've put it up against. No more 3 1/2 shoulder busters for me either!  :funnyturkey: