Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many of y'all have been hit by a snake?

Started by Basser69, March 04, 2011, 05:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

I was hit in the back of the leg about 8 or 10 years back by a water moccasin. Then two years later I stepped on a copperhead. My uncle was behind me and saw that one move as I picked my foot up.  Needless to say, you will not catch me in the woods without snake boots on down here in the south unless the high it going to be below freezing for the day.

Jourdan_D

Got hit by a rattle snake 2 years ago stepping over a log.  I NEVER go into the woods without my snake boots!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

Oh yea, I forgot about the one that fell out of the steering column-dash on the rhino a couple of years back. 18" layed across my leg just above my open snake boot on a workday with shorts on. The scooter had been parked in a cutover while we went to town and ate lunch. Needless to say getting out of a rhino moving at 35 miles an hour can be done and quickly! He did not strike me but it could have been interesting had he gone down my boot

4nwtf

I have had some scary encounters but have been lucky so far.  LOVE MY SNAKE BOOTS!!!!

allchokedup

Copperhead got me on the left foot last year when I was raking leaves. I kill every , stinking, poisonous snake I find.

mossy835

Quote from: allchokedup on March 04, 2011, 07:08:35 PM
Copperhead got me on the left foot last year when I was raking leaves. I kill every , stinking, poisonous snake I find.
X10

Lumpy

Use to have a Red Tail Boa and got hit by him one time!
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

Tail Feathers

Got hit on the toe by a canebrake rattler a few years back.  Was sitting up calling a gobbler.
The screaming and kicking as I realized the snake was crawling within inches of my family jewels apparently ran the birds off. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

3.5inchpainfulldeath

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Sherrell

tjh24

Ok, i have a dumb question, does hit mean getting bit or just hit by the snake?  sorry about the confusion

BOFF

Quote from: tjh24 on March 04, 2011, 08:58:52 PM
Ok, i have a dumb question, does hit mean getting bit or just hit by the snake?  sorry about the confusion

Reads like a good question to me. I don't know?

Basser69, what is it?

God Bless,
David B.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Basser69 on March 04, 2011, 05:30:35 PMyou will not catch me in the woods without snake boots on down here in the south
x2 :icon_thumright:

Quote from: Jourdan_D on March 04, 2011, 05:51:24 PMGot hit by a rattle snake 2 years ago stepping over a log.  I NEVER go into the woods without my snake boots!
That's why I always step up onto the log, then look down to see if there is a snake tucked up against the other side of the log. Then I step down if all clear.

Quote from: allchokedup on March 04, 2011, 07:08:35 PMI kill every , stinking, poisonous snake I find.
x2 :icon_thumright:

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 04, 2011, 08:24:12 PMThe screaming and kicking as I realized the snake was crawling within inches of my family jewels apparently ran the birds off. :TooFunny:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: