Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

My team made me do it

Started by Bustabeak, February 07, 2013, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

If any one asks, you guys made me buy this!! Been wanting one for a long time and finally got a bit of money back on my taxes so I pulled the trigger!

davisd9

Wow! That is a beautiful gun.  What choke and shells are you planning on using in her?  I will take the blame for talking someone into getting a gun that pretty.  Congratulations!  :z-guntootsmiley:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

:funnyturkey:  We can take the blame.   CONGRATS!!    :drool:

Bustabeak

Quote from: davisd9 on February 07, 2013, 07:47:48 PM
Wow! That is a beautiful gun.  What choke and shells are you planning on using in her?  I will take the blame for talking someone into getting a gun that pretty.  Congratulations!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Quote from: JVA54 on February 07, 2013, 07:59:40 PM

:funnyturkey:  We can take the blame.   CONGRATS!!    :drool:

Thanks guys! I've put so much time into looking for the shells and chokes for my stoeger that I really haven't done any research on this one... I'm thinking i'll start with Winchester extended range #6's and maybe indian creek choke... but I'm open to suggestions! haha.

dirt road ninja

Yep, it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission. That's a top shelf turkey killer!

Bustabeak

It's always good to know you have good friends to back you up on a gun purchase. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm divorced, but hey, I like my hunting stuff!

Turkeykiller12

Is that a Benelli? Wished I knew they made one in bottomland. At least that looks like bottomland.

Bustabeak

Quote from: Turkeykiller12 on February 07, 2013, 10:24:16 PM
Is that a Benelli? Wished I knew they made one in bottomland. At least that looks like bottomland.
Yep, it's the super Vinci. I honestly didn't know they made them in bottomland until about a month ago. From what I've heard, they made limited quantities.  I'm not sure that's accurate though. I sure like it so far!

Turkeykiller12

Did you get it around west ga somewhere?

Bustabeak

Yeah I got it at gables sporting goods in Douglasville. I think he said that was his last one. He said he had 2 or 3 at one time.

davisd9

Do not know what you like in a pattern but saw where one fellow on here was saying he was using the Hevi-Shot Choke .667.  With Hevi 3.5" 2.25 oz 7s he got 244 and with number 6s he got 187.

SumToy suggests a .650 to 660.  I am sure with an IC, PG, Rhino, Jh, or SumToy you could get a great pattern out of it with 6s or 7s.  Keep us up to date!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

boomer

Nice looking gun. Like it in that camo.

dirt road ninja