turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bikers and Hunting

Started by The Painter, February 07, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Painter

Where I can I ride. I cam disassemble my shotgun load it in the bags  and put the barrel in my carry bag. I rode to SC last year to hunt.
2 great things I love to do and do them both together.
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com

captin_hook

That's pretty awsome. I shoot trap with some guys that show up on their bikes with their shotguns in custom made scabbards.

turkey_slayer

Pretty glad I didnt have my gun with me that day lol. That would be the only bad thing about riding with one.

The Painter

This was your bike! Glad your ok. What the heck happened.
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

turkey_slayer

Well we don't know. The cop couldn't figure it out neither could we or the other 20 people that seen it. Tire blew out is all I can think of. Was running about 60 and the bike lowsided. Hit a on coming truck first then flipped around and hit me nocking me in the ditch (only thing that saved me from getting run over) then the back tire of the truck hit it and flipped it up which caused it to nock a hole thru the bed. I had full leathers on and never got a scratch. God was looking out for me that day

tomstopper

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 07, 2013, 10:04:49 PM
Well we don't know. The cop couldn't figure it out neither could we or the other 20 people that seen it. Tire blew out is all I can think of. Was running about 60 and the bike lowsided. Hit a on coming truck first then flipped around and hit me nocking me in the ditch (only thing that saved me from getting run over) then the back tire of the truck hit it and flipped it up which caused it to nock a hole thru the bed. I had full leathers on and never got a scratch. God was looking out for me that day
Wow after seeing that bike proves that god does look after us all. Glad you are here with us today.....

Painter: I have been after my wife to give me the O.K to get a bike since I left the Marines. She is so scared of them and always tells me that she would rather I buy guns instead. Don't want to jeopardize that but someday would love to bring both biking & hunting together.... Your making me jealous.... :toothy12: :toothy12:

The Painter

Painter: I have been after my wife to give me the O.K to get a bike since I left the Marines. She is so scared of them and always tells me that she would rather I buy guns instead. Don't want to jeopardize that but someday would love to bring both biking & hunting together.... Your making me jealous...

Tom I did not get my 1st bike till almost 2 years ago at 58. My 3 son's are out of the house and I figured it was time. I have had to learn fast Riding in the DC area traffic.

scoot12

What model bike did you have,  wow God was looking over you,  I ride a softtail deluxe and always worried about a tire going.  Scoot

Mike Honcho

Thats a great idea to combine a ride into a hunting trip!  I haven't owned a street machine since about 1999.  Had some great ones though...1937 ULH 80 , 1951 Panhead, 1957 Panhead, 1976 FLH full dresser, 1980 Sturgis.  And raced motocross for 10 years...at 54 I can't take the MX beating anymore...have to save my body for turkey hunting!

The Painter

I save a lot just on Gas which allows to a travel hunt or 2.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: scoot12 on February 08, 2013, 09:08:20 AM
What model bike did you have,  wow God was looking over you,  I ride a softtail deluxe and always worried about a tire going.  Scoot

It was a 05 636 ninja. Only pic I can find of it.