OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mad choke

Started by tha bugman, February 07, 2013, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I never have shot the choke by mad calls.  Is this choke still available?

davisd9

I do not believe they are made any more.  I do not have experience with them other than in an 835.  There are two for the 835.  I have the one that is .695 and found it on ebay.  I wanted to give one a try cause I have a buddy that shoots one in his 935 with Mag Blends and averages around 270 with it.  I do not get that but I got a beautiful 215-220 even pattern with the combo and it shoots the same poi as my Star Dot and Hevi 6s. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ILIKEHEVI-13

The MAD Super Max which was made by Indian Creek is .695, and it looks like an Indian Creek choke.  The other long MAD chokes for the 835 were made in .680 and .690.  I have the .680 choke.  These chokes I believe were made by whoever Lohman chokes were made by is my conclusion.  They shot pretty good.  But not as good as other great chokes that are currently on the market.  I do have a MAD Super Max .675 choke for my Remington that shoots as good as any choke I have tried.