turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Green Laser Came In The Mail Yesterday

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, February 07, 2013, 07:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thought I would show you boys my newest light to my collection.  This isn't a toy and you got to be very careful with it.  I may even have to get some protective goggles for using it.  But man it will thow a beam a very long way. 

Here's a photo I took just awhile ago at a tower several miles away. 

spaightlabs

So what it the point of a light like that/what would a guy use it for?

If ya have to do a a powerpoint presentation and the closest you can get to the screen is 3 miles?

Gamblinman

LOL..be careful with that...you'll have the LEO's looking for you.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

ILIKEHEVI-13

I bought it to have.  That's all.  No different than guys buying all these assault rifles and extra capcity clips.  Ain't something you got a have.  But it is something you want.  No difference. 

nate12285

That's pretty cool. I didn't realize those would shine that far.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I don't know for sure if I actually did hit the tower with the laser or not.  But I know that no flashlight I have will come close to touching it.  And I have over 100 flashlights. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: skos29 on February 07, 2013, 09:27:58 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 07, 2013, 08:48:11 AM
I bought it to have.  That's all.  No different than guys buying all these assault rifles and extra capcity clips.  Ain't something you got a have.  But it is something you want.  No difference.

It is an Semi-Automatic Rifle NOT an assault weapon! The use of proper terminology is very important because if we the users of said such firearms can't project the proper image of the tools that we use than how can we expect the general uneducated public to understand the facts about guns, gun ownership and the importance of the Second Amendment. Just as it's a MAGAZINE not a CLIP!

Thanks for assaulting my terminology.  LOL!  Ok I will try to do better. 

lightsoutcalls

Can that be weapon mounted?  I have seen a green laser advertised recently that is used for predator hunting at night.  The way they market that one is that i can be seen through the scope on a target.  Sounds interesting...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: skos29 on February 07, 2013, 10:02:03 AM
Those are the same lasers that people use to point at landing aircraft trying to blind the pilots.

I don't know about that.  But trust me I didn't buy it for any stupid stuff like that. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on February 07, 2013, 09:55:57 AM
Can that be weapon mounted?  I have seen a green laser advertised recently that is used for predator hunting at night.  The way they market that one is that i can be seen through the scope on a target.  Sounds interesting...

This laser has a zoom feature on it.  The head can slide in or out.  All the way in makes a pencil beam.  All the way out makes a wider like binocular beam. 

mikejd

Hevi don't be hanging out by any airports with that. I read somewere that they were trying to make the green lasers illegal. That is due to aircraft disturbance.  if you hit a cockpit with it the entire cockput lights up green. Cool light anyway.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I hear ya.  It won't be going to any airports.  Seriously guys I didn't buy this laser for any foul play.  I appreciate your concerns.  But I'm 49 yrs old and I ain't no kid.  I may act like one at times, but not when it comes to this kind of stuff.  If any of you guys would have posted a picture of a AR 15 here in a thread, do you seriously think I would tell you not to go be hanging out at shopping malls with it?  Now come on. 

870supermagnum

Hevi, that's a nice laser light.  Where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 870supermagnum on February 07, 2013, 11:12:30 AM
Hevi, that's a nice laser light.  Where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?

Why thank you.  And you didn't even offer me a pro's pointer.  LOL! 

I bought it from wallbuys.com.  They had it for $35.89, but I bought it during there Christmas sale and paid only $17.95.  They forgot to ship it with my order though is why it took so long to get it. 

mikejd

Hevi were just playing. We know how serius you take your light addiction. I can relate. Have fun with it.