OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Danner Jackal II Snakeboot

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 05, 2013, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Anyone use these? I ordered a pair today after reading some good reviews. Just curious about opinions here.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Deputy 14

Not sure about that model of boot but you can't go wrong with Danner.

ryanva88

know a buddy who went south for a turkey hunt and everyone said he was CRAZY for not having a pair of snake boots in the swamp...he bought a pair of danner snake boots and was impressed. danner for the most part makes quality boots

Skeeterbait

I like a different type of boot than many.  I dont want a heavy stiff sole in a boot.  I want it thin and flexable.  The more it flexes like a running shoe the better.  That is less fatiguing and you can walk much quieter in something that flexes and you can feel the ground in.  I don't want an aggressive sole on a boot.  Our red clay just sticks in a lug sole and builds up till your carrying a lot of weight in mud on your feet.  I want a smoother sole that allows the mud to slide off.  I don't want a boot that cannot breath.  Air needs to pass thru a boot but water not.  And I want a boot I can literally jog a mile or so in to get to a gobbling bird before flydown or to circle ahead of a traveling bird.  That requires not only a flexable sole but also low overall weight.

The first Rocky Outback and the original Danner Jackal made exclusively for Bass Pro did all these things well. The Jackal II comes the closest to anything on the market today.  it is a little stiffer than the Outback or the original Jackal but still does these things well after the ankle area breaks in.

nate12285

I've haven't tried those but have heard nothing but good about them.

bbcoach

LOVE mine.  They are the most comfortable and lightest boot I've ever had on my feet.

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Mine should be in after a few days

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

huntinhard

Without a doubt, the best snake boots I have owned. I had a pair of the original Jackals and didn't know what to do with myself when I wore the first pair out and couldn't find new ones. Thank goodness they brought out the Jackal II.

StruttinGobbler3

Glad to hear the positive feedback, especially after what i paid for them. But, in most cases you get what you pay for.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion