turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best adjustable sights

Started by NYbassman, February 05, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYbassman

Looking to pick up a set of adjustable fiber optics, something like the williams firesights or the tru-glo pro series. Those are just two I have heard good things of, not sure what else is available. Any reccomendations would be great. Going on a beretta 390 if it matters.

Thanks guys!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: NYbassman on February 05, 2013, 05:35:23 PM
Looking to pick up a set of adjustable fiber optics, something like the williams firesights or the tru-glo pro series. Those are just two I have heard good things of, not sure what else is available. Any reccomendations would be great. Going on a beretta 390 if it matters.

Thanks guys!

I've tried both and prefer the Truglo "Pro-Series" but both are good.

Your 390 takes the TG944C in the Pro-Series.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

outdoors

Truglo "Pro-Series. 
   X2
   :anim_25:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

stinkpickle

I've used both and my vote goes to the Williams.  ;)

devin4484

I Like to run a hi viz green front bar and an ole undertaker ring of fire for the rear sight.  But my personnel favorite sight for turkey hunting is a simmons prodiamond.

wvnut3

i have williams firesights , i have the rear sight with the ghost ring with dot on either side. I really like that setup . Lee

GuideGun

I have TruGlo Tru-Point Xtreme Turkey/Deer Universal Sight on my 870.  I like them because they screw onto the vent rib, and are stable.  Plus it comes with 2 rear sights to use; a standard buckhorn style, and a ghost ring as well.
Matt

Ruger M77

How much ajustment can you get out of the truglo sights? Ever since I put the 24'' barrel and shurshot stock on my 870 it shoots about a foot and a half high so I put a scope on it. I thought about puttin open sights on it if they would ajust far enough
I eat therefore I hunt

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Ruger M77 on February 05, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
How much ajustment can you get out of the truglo sights? Ever since I put the 24'' barrel and shurshot stock on my 870 it shoots about a foot and a half high so I put a scope on it. I thought about puttin open sights on it if they would ajust far enough

The first thing I would do is to tighten the magazine tube cap. That will pull the muzzle of your gun down. I recommend hand tight and then 4 clicks with some padded pliers. You can take it down more but I don't really recommend that.

If that does not get you close to POA, your barrel may be out of specification. Most sights, scopes, "dot" type or open sights will not allow 1 1/2' of adjustment.

Thanks,
Clark

wingbonehntr

My vote is for tru glo "pro series". I have 2 sets and have beat and drug them through everything with no problems.

ryanva88

just got some tru glow, tru-point turkey sights today. Fully metal design, with no screws, and very bright. Instillation went well, and they are on rock solid. lets see how they hold up this season but they look promising.

Gentry

Clark will tightening the magazine cap on a mossberg 935 bring the point of aim down as well? I have on that I have trouble with shooting high.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Gentry on February 06, 2013, 07:57:53 AM
Clark will tightening the magazine cap on a mossberg 935 bring the point of aim down as well? I have on that I have trouble with shooting high.

No, the fore end of the 935 restricts the amount of torque that you can put on the end cap but you can lower the POI by changing shims on your gun to lower the comb and in turn lower the POI.

Thanks,
Clark

Casey Johnson

I prefer TruGlo sights. My latest turkey gun came with Williams Firesights. I didn't like them at all. I took them off, and put a TruGlo ghost ring on it.
NWTF - Tennessee

30_06