OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 pistol grip stock?

Started by bowhunter2k9, February 04, 2013, 05:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

hey guys, which stock with a pistol grip is your favorite and why? I would like to have a camo one but I guess it doesn't matter.
Romans 8:38-39

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 04, 2013, 05:27:40 PM
hey guys, which stock with a pistol grip is your favorite and why? I would like to have a camo one but I guess it doesn't matter.

I use the ATI stocks http://www.atigunstocks.com

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 04, 2013, 06:54:30 PM

Thanks,
Clark

Do you use the tactical or standard stock? Do you think the tactical can handle the recoil of a 3.5" shell?

gophert

If you want recoil reduction the Knoxx is, to me, the best hands down.  KNoxx makes a very heavy duty stock, but it does add some weight to the gun.  I have shot the ATI stocks and they are fine, but not as good on recoil reduction.  They are also not has heavy duty, but are lighter.  Hope this helps.

870supermagnum

I installed the camo Knoxx SpecOps stock on my 870 Supermagnum and it looks bad to the bone and greatly reduced the recoil on 3.5" Hevi Shot shells.      :fud:

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: 870supermagnum on February 05, 2013, 02:38:23 PM
I installed the camo Knoxx SpecOps stock on my 870 Supermagnum and it looks bad to the bone and greatly reduced the recoil on 3.5" Hevi Shot shells.      :fud:

Where'd you buy it?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 05, 2013, 12:03:07 AM
Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 04, 2013, 06:54:30 PM

Thanks,
Clark

Do you use the tactical or standard stock? Do you think the tactical can handle the recoil of a 3.5" shell?

I shoot both the AKITA adjustable stocks and the tactical stocks. Yes, they will stand up under repeated use with 3.5" shells with no collapse. They stand up much better than I do in fact.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

870supermagnum

30_06

The Mesa Tactical is very nice, and very well built.....and carries the corresponding price tag. For me the Knoxx SpecOps would be second, followed by ATI.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: 30_06 on February 06, 2013, 10:52:55 PM
The Mesa Tactical is very nice, and very well built.....and carries the corresponding price tag. For me the Knoxx SpecOps would be second, followed by ATI.

those do look nice, kinda like the Benelli Stocks. I wish they had it in camp :/

bowhunter2k9

THEY"RE OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE!!! DANG IT

30_06

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 07, 2013, 01:06:14 PM
Quote from: 30_06 on February 06, 2013, 10:52:55 PM

those do look nice, kinda like the Benelli Stocks. I wish they had it in camp :/

You can always have it dipped!  ;D

ryanva88

ATI would qualify for they best value in my opinion. Also free shipping in my case. Mine feels just fine and improves recoil and grip.

I haven't held a Knoxx but they do look nice.

gophert