OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Season opener in 2 weeks....

Started by EliteArkHunter, March 04, 2011, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliteArkHunter

ok guys....i went and scout 4 places out here in northwest LA and no sign at all.....no gobbles, no tracks, no feather.....however driving up to one place i ran 5-10 off a dirt road....i made the corner past them gave them 30 mins and walked around the corner to peek my head around.....

there they are standing in the road again and at least one strutter....so i ease down and hit my crow call...........nothing!!

gave him several sequences and ....nothing

Our season opens in 2 weeks and besides for this lucky batch that i happened to drive upon....i dont have any birds acting right......

:help:

deerhunt1988

When they have hens they have no need to gobble...

jshively

I grew up north of Shreveport and hunted those fields and woods throughout the 70's and early 80's.  Do not remember seeing a turkey - not even people talking about them.  Glad to hear they have made a comeback in the area. 

My dad was a crop duster in Dixie.  Had some fun times chasing bucks in a steerman through those cotton fields.

turkey slayer

Me and arkhunter both hunt here north of shreveport in the Benton and Plain dealing area and yes now there are plenty of turkeys, problem is this year has been a cold one and they aren't acting right.

EliteArkHunter

usually with hens we can still getem to yell once or twice.....and yea there are turkeys....i would go so far as saying we have the same numbers as MS, AL, or TX but definately enough to hunt.....heck even if there were only 3 strutters in our county, i think turkeyslayer and i would find a way to bagem!!!

:z-guntootsmiley:

turkey slayer

Quote from: EliteArkHunter on March 04, 2011, 08:48:37 PM
usually with hens we can still getem to yell once or twice.....and yea there are turkeys....i would go so far as saying we have the same numbers as MS, AL, or TX but definately enough to hunt.....heck even if there were only 3 strutters in our county, i think turkeyslayer and i would find a way to bagem!!!

:z-guntootsmiley:
:agreed: :fud: :newmascot: