Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

NWTF Convention

Started by ncturkey, February 03, 2013, 12:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Who is going to the NWTF Convention? My daughter and I will be there Thursuday through Sunday. Hope to maybe see a few of the OG Red Raider Teamates.

GSLAM95

I will be there Friday-mid day Sunday, I think I gave you my #.  Looking forward to meeting..

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

shadetree callers

Will be there all weekend starting thursday. Plan to have a few extra calls in my room if you want to run some , let me know .
Bob

ncturkey

Has anyone called me. I got a phone call last Sunday from someone but did not know who it was. I tried to answer the number but was disconnected.

ncturkey

Convention week is here. Does anyone else think they maybe get to make it? Can want to meet some of my teammates.

ncturkey

Where are you staying Bob?

simpzenith

I'll be there. You can catch me either in the calling contest area or Hook's booth.

Jay

Quote from: simpzenith on February 12, 2013, 09:38:15 PM
I'll be there. You can catch me either in the calling contest area or Hook's booth.
Good luck in the contest buddy. Doug and sme of the guys are meeting at noon Saturday in front of the convention if you are around. Are you just in the hoot contest?

shadetree callers

Ken , I will be staying at the Gaylord again . I am coming in tonight and will be at call check in tomorrow morning , then I will be judging friction calls thursday afternoon. Then I will spend the rest of my time wandering between the show floor and the seminars and calling comps. Hope to see ya there !
ShadeTree

Jay

Quote from: simpzenith on February 12, 2013, 09:38:15 PM
Congrats on the 7/8th place finish in Owl Hooting, which I think is 1-2 places better than last year. There sure isn't much of a point spread from where you finished to first place. Very close.

ncturkey

I had a great time at the convention. Meet a few Old Gobbler members. Jellyhead was one member I meet. I also meet savagecaller too. I did not get to photo op. Time just got away from. It was really fun. But it was really crowded.

ncturkey

simpzenith

Thanks fellas. Yes, I was tied for 7th, 1 point from a call off for 5th. Next year I guess. :) Sorry for the delayed response but it seems I have less and less times these days to check in.

Jay

Shane, how did you do in the "World" contest, and is that something new?

simpzenith

Worlds has been around a while. It just doesn't get the publicity as GNCC but is a pretty big deal to win. I didn't do so well down there but it was a lot of fun. Here's the link to it: http://youtu.be/O_o8iHA0XEE