turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Versa max choke threads

Started by tha bugman, February 03, 2013, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Are the threads in a versa max the same as other remingtons I was going to borrow my buddies jellyhead from his 870 and try it in my versa max

mightyjoeyoung

NO.  They use the Pro-Bore choke syatem.  Completely different chokes.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

fallsflight

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 03, 2013, 12:17:47 PM
NO.  They use the Pro-Bore choke syatem.  Completely different chokes.
What he said.  Great gun though.   If you just purchased it and have not shot it much, you will be glad you bought one.  I use mine specifically for waterfowl, but it will make a great turkey gun too.

SumToy

They will shoot good also.  We test fired a few.  660 rang looks good in them
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

tha bugman

I actually have duck hunted with it and was curious as to how it patterned turkey loads I'm just not a big fan of a long barrel for turkey hunting

forcercon1

William @ SumToy built me a choke last year that works extremely well in my Versa Max shooting Hevi Shot 6's & Copper Plated Lead 4's & 5's. The markings on the choke read 667. At that point, he was building / testing some different variances in the chokes. The 1st choke he sent me worked so well over the spectrum of shot sizes I purchased it.

Talk to William he will work something up for you.