Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spurs or Beards ? which turns you on more ?

Started by Muzzy61, February 03, 2013, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

This is the old Ginger or Mary Ann question. ( for you young guys : hot red head or hot brunette?)   Which gets your motor running?  Long thick beards or long spurs.    While of course i like both, I relly dig a bird with big old hooks.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

AndyH

Long thick beards! I can't tell how long spurs are until I'm standing on its neck

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

WNY Bowhunter

On second thought, it doesn't really matter...I'll put a tag on either.  :z-guntootsmiley:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

alloutdoors

I love seeing a bird with a thick paintbrush beard, but that's mostly because it makes me hope he has long sharp hooks to go with it. Spurs are where it's at.

FullChoke

When he is walking up to my setup, it's the beard. When I'm kneeling next to him, it's the spurs.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Gagry

Spurs!  Its like a Christmas present you don't know what you've got until you tear up the wrapping.

paboxcall

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 03, 2013, 10:58:17 AM
I love seeing a bird with a thick paintbrush beard, but that's mostly because it makes me hope he has long sharp hooks to go with it. Spurs are where it's at.

:agreed:

A big set of hooks = awesome.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

guesswho

Spurs, unless the bird has three or more good long beards, then I'll take the multi-beard.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wingbonehntr

Spurs!!! But I did kill a bird last year with 4 good beards that totaled 36" and it fired me up!!

tomstopper

Quote from: AndyH on February 03, 2013, 10:44:10 AM
Long thick beards! I can't tell how long spurs are until I'm standing on its neck
:agreed: well put....

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.