Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spurs or Beards ? which turns you on more ?

Started by Muzzy61, February 03, 2013, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

TrackeySauresRex

Spurs!..No,no,no,no. Wait, Beards, no Fans...AHHHHHHHH! I don't no, I can't make up my mind. How about, Everything turns me on about spring turkey!   :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

kansas hooks

lonnie sneed jr.

I don't care as long as the gobbler is legal. I do keep the beards and trash the legs with the spurs attached. At the time I kill the gobbler I look at both, but only keep the beard. But what turns me on is a pan of sliced breast meat frying up golden brown.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

longspur

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 03, 2013, 10:58:17 AM
I love seeing a bird with a thick paintbrush beard, but that's mostly because it makes me hope he has long sharp hooks to go with it. Spurs are where it's at.
x2  I can't see them, so I do a "GROUND CHECK"

strut2

Spurs! It's the first thing I look at when I walk up to a downed bird.

TN Beard Buster

I personally want some long spurs! I've got a couple 25plus lb birds and a 12" beard and several 11" plus beards! I've never broke the 1 1/4" spur tho! That is always my goal and what I look at every time I put a big ole redhead on the ground!

mudhen

Spurs...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

turkey_slayer

Spurs! I love a thick paintbrush to and multi bearded since they are pretty rare around here

captin_hook

Both get me going, but I'd have to go with some Sharp Ol' Hooks!

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

FttFttVroom!

A nice, long, thick rope of a beard gets my attention first.  The spurs are the icing on the cake after the hammer is dropped!

troutfisher13111

BigHooks