OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

which boot

Started by longspur, February 02, 2013, 05:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

I know we've been through this before. maybe some have changed there mind sence then. I have to have a pair. I'm looking for lightweight, waterproof, and stay where you plant them.

jblackburn

I got a pair of muck ranger boots last year that worked very well. My biggest complaint was that they are hot (even uninsulated). I bought a couple pair of under armour heat gear socks to wear with them.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

BigMick

I've used Danner Pronghorn snake boots for 2 years and absolutely love them.  I also wear them for early season deer hunting. I've had no issues at all with them.

archery1

mucks are nice and over priced.. never had danner,, got a pair of lacrosse mid height boots and are very comfortable and not so bad in the heat.
Take a kid hunting

Woodsman4God

I like the irish setter knee boots, if you need snake proof, Irish setter outrider vipers are nice.

teke

Irishsetter knee high uninsulated snug fit won't eat your socks

swamp_bird89

Lacrosse Grange for when its warm.

Wingbone

I wear only Danner Pronghorn boots now as they have proven themselves repeatedly in 11 states over the past 4 years. If I am gonna be wading the swamps all day I do switch over to the Lacrosse Alpha rubber boots occasionally. Love my Danners though. Worth every penny.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Devastator

Danner Jackal ll's for me.

WildSpur

Danner Radicals for me.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Chris Downs

Danner Pronghorns for me.  Pricey but worth it.  If I'm going with an all rubber boot...it's hard for me to beat the standard ol LaCrosse Grange uninsulated or the alpha burley uninsulated models.

Kcurtisjr

I like the Rocky Lynx.  I've hiked miles in them and never had a blister. 

Skeeterbait

I prefer the Danner Jackal II also.  I don't like a heavy agressive lug sole.  The red clay mud around here loads up in lug soles and is too hard to shed.  The smooth bottom of the Jackal allows the mud to shed much better and flexes easier so it wears more like an athletic shoe and less like a boot.

zeke632

I used to swear by Rockys. But the last 2 pair I had leaked if somebody spit near them. Something changed at Rocky several years ago, they went from a pretty good boot to cheap crap. I have the same opinion of Red Head junk at BPS.

Danner Pronghors have been really good for me. After 4 springs mine have started allowing my feet to get wet. Mink Oil helps but it wears off. Mucks are good for me to except  if I have to get up and go much my feet sweat and they feel more tired after hunting than if I wear the Danners.
I'm liking the looks and reviews on the Jackals. That may be my next boot....or another pair of Pronghorns.

land cruiser

Muck boots here. I need to be out there rain or shine and they work well.