OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nice Find

Started by tomstopper, February 01, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

This is a Stoeger M3500 that I picked up for $325. Shot two boxes of 1oz small game shells and it never failed to cycle any rounds (specs say that the minimum you should shoot to ensure cycling every time is 1 1/8oz). Can't wait until next weekend to try my turkey loads. Anyone else have one of these & if so how do you like it?

redarrow

Im standing on my head to look at it but it looks like you got a great deal.

tomstopper

Quote from: redarrow on February 01, 2013, 02:24:56 PM
Im standing on my head to look at it but it looks like you got a great deal.
sorry the original photo was upside down (took with IPad) but its fixed now. Hope you don't have a headache..... :) :)

Mike Honcho

I have one just like it and so far really like it.  I have taken ducks and geese so far with it.
I caution on using the factory turkey choke...mine peeled off metal shavings when shot and another member on OG reported his swelled up in his barrel and was hard to remove.  I think the metal is too soft.  Mine is a backup turkey gun so I haven't had a chance to do much patterning work.  I lucked into a like new XXXFull Comp N Choke for $ 19.00 that I'm going to try...it measures .665 approx.
I hear the Hevi Shot brand chokes shoot extremely well in this gun. I have shot a mixed batch of eveyrthing from 1 1/4 oz. to hevi 3.5'S and everything cycles fine.

captin_hook

tomstopper

Quote from: Mike Honcho on February 01, 2013, 03:44:23 PM
I have one just like it and so far really like it.  I have taken ducks and geese so far with it.
I caution on using the factory turkey choke...mine peeled off metal shavings when shot and another member on OG reported his swelled up in his barrel and was hard to remove.  I think the metal is too soft.  Mine is a backup turkey gun so I haven't had a chance to do much patterning work.  I lucked into a like new XXXFull Comp N Choke for $ 19.00 that I'm going to try...it measures .665 approx.
I hear the Hevi Shot brand chokes shoot extremely well in this gun. I have shot a mixed batch of eveyrthing from 1 1/4 oz. to hevi 3.5'S and everything cycles fine.
Thanks for the advice. I was going to look into what aftermarket chokes worked good in it & you just made that a little easier.....

jim67

Nice gun. I wish I had a semi auto, my Mossberg pumps kick the crap out of me with 31/2 mags.

Old Gobbler

You got a heck of a deal !!!!   :icon_thumright:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon