North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 02/01/2013 " Psst!!! Hey You You Right There!!! "

Started by BOFF, February 01, 2013, 07:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

John 10:27(NIV1984)

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Just a single verse this morning, afternoon, or whenever it is read. And just a simple reminder, of to be quiet and listen, but don't stop there. It does us, nor God any good, to listen, but not obey. In the above verse, there are two parts for us that "know" Jesus, listen, and follow.

In my study of Will You  Worship, the author Ray Jones writes "God always speaks at the appropriate moment and what He says may not always make sense to us. Often we miss what He says because we insist the message make sense or it must not be of Him." I often miss what Jesus says as well, but sometimes it is because my ears are too full of my own talk.

Regardless, our questions for today are  "What is Jesus telling you?" and "Will you follow?"

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for loving us despite our repeated attempts to think we know better than You. Forgive me of my ears being full of my own talk, and may Your voice be loud and clear to my heart, even if it is a faint whisper. May we have the courage, and habits of acting on Your voice. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002