turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Yes, indeed ... the plot thickens!!! More surprises from Gov. Cuomo

Started by ctwny1, February 01, 2013, 04:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

The County Clerks met in Albany this past monday and tuesday to discuss the Cuomo gun law among other issues.

During the meeting the state police made a presentation to the clerks and dropped the three following bomb shells:

1) Beyond mailing out the initial notice letter the Counties are going to be responsible for the recertifcation process.  Their intentention was to push this to the Counties as an unfunded mandate.  (This is of course in direct contradiction to the law that was passed)

2) The Freedom of information law opt outwill have to  renewed every five years. (There is nothing in the law requiring renewal of the opt out once granted.)

3) The State police also said that gun confiscation will be carried out as an end result of non compliance with the permit renewal process or gun registery.

The County Clerk's oppose the actions of the State police and the Governor's office and are seeking further clariffication on these issues.

longspur

surprise...surprise. I think there's going to be a lot of suprises over the next few years. Maybe it will get slowed down there and not spread too fast.

lmbhngr

You notice how he`s not coming forward and explaining this great, non-invasive, law to us? He`s nothing but a thug! They all say "trust me" but everyday you find out something you didn`t know. LIARS!!

ctwny1

All I can tell you is there is a LOT of very angry people over this issue and I just hope this does not escalate
into a riot and trouble. Some of these State Troopers want to right now just come into peoples homes without any search warrant. If they try doing that they will run into a buzz saw that they don't want to run into ...and I hate to say this and hope this doesn't come to a major problem but people are more than ready and were all sticking together tighter than bark on a tree.

longspur

Looks like it will eather escalate into a riot and trouble, or escalate into them takeing your guns. Maybe they're just testing the water.

Tail Feathers

Hey, if you're going to violate the second ammendment and ram it down people's throats, why not ignore the fourth ammendment while you're at it? ::)
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jim67

Kylongspur88

I  really can't say I know one officer in KY that would take part in a gun confiscation...