turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven Customer Service

Started by Tail Feathers, February 07, 2011, 04:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Last year I bought a Woodhaven Classic Crystal call.  I'd heard a couple of buddies play them and theirs sounded absolutely awesome to me.
I got it and to be honest I couldn't get a consistent good sound out of it.  A couple of weeks ago I decided to e-mail Woodhaven and ask them to look at it.  They promptly replied and told me to send it in.  I did.  I got a package back a week later.  They had one of their guys handpick me another call.  His name was Jimbo (Lindsey?) and evidently does some contest calling.  He sent me a new call with a handwritten note.  He even had Mike Pentecost sign it for me.
This new one rocks just like I expected it to.  With so much negative out there on companies I just wanted to share a positive customer service  It's nice dealing with good folk.  They are by no means the only ones like this in the turkey call business but they are the ones I dealt with most recently.   Thanks Woodhaven! :thanks:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ElkTurkMan

This is the second good customer service story I have heard about them.  I have the exact same call you have and absolutley love it.

neal

It is a great call bought one the other day, and I will say it sounds awesome! Can't wait to use it in competition.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

treestand

Mike and Jimbo are the best around!

Fox Fire

I tried to talk one of ther guys out of a T shirt at the NWTF show a few years ago but he wouldnt come off of it, I like ther mouth calls better than any I've ever used because they sound great, but at $11 apiece they get expensive fast, but ther addictive.

Cant honestly say anything about ther CS tho but never heard anyone complaine.

n2deer

I have heard of similar results from other people.
:you_rock: for customer service.

dirtnap

Woodhaven is the only calls that I use.  I have been using them since about 2002.  I haven't even bothered to use another brand of call since then.  They work.  x2 on the customer service.  I lost a diaphragm after a string of successful hunts last spring.  I called them immediately to order another.  I talked to Mike Pentecost that particular morning.  He mailed it to me without even charging me.  They are good people. 

Gamblinman

Woodhaven all the way!!

Mike and the gang do a fine job with their calls and provide excellent customer service.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Chester

I have the Cherry Classic Slate and Crystal calls, absolutely love them. I really don't care to much for their mouth calls.

outlaw

there real good they hand picked to vision calls from there comp line for me last year :z-paddy-smiley113: they sound great and i plan to order some more
Im a good guy !!!

Fox Fire

Suppose whats the chances of get'n Wood Haven to do a gruop buy deal with the OG tribe ?  that mite be kinda cool.

drum817

I have personally dealt with their customer service and they are a class act all the way.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Hillbilly280

VANOVER GAME CALLS

dirtnap

I have both vision pot calls, and the cherry slate.  They all work good.  I generally won't start out using them because their mouth calls work so good.  I buy 5 or 6 every year and one or two of them will have "it".  That vision aluminum will scare you how good it sounds.

Rio

Had a similar experience. Broke my slate when I dropped it and it fell onto a rock. Sent it to them with a check for 25 dollars to repair and ship it back to me. This was right before  the NWTF convention last year. Somehow or another the call and my check were misplaced. I called and spoke to Jimbo and he upgraded me to a brand new Vision aluminum (signed by Mike) and express shipped it. When I asked how much I owed, they said it was on the house.
Standup fellas in my book......