Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Sack for Cabelas Gobbler Lounger???

Started by Rio, January 29, 2013, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio

Saw where some folks on this site had ordered a custom tote sack for my favorite turkey hunting chair ever through USAHunting Supply. They appear to be out of business....
Does anyone have one for sale, or could someone at least post a picture up? I have a friend with an industrial type sewing machine...maybe I could get him to whip up a batch of em....
Also, for those that bought them, how much did they cost?

alloutdoors

Tom has been selling some of their products on eBay recently. I purchased a couple of his trumpet roll up pouches and have also seen him list the chair bag a couple times and a decoy bag. If you contact him through his eBay account I'm sure he would be happy to get a chair tote in your hands.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/tommyd122453/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

fallsflight

He has one up on ebay right now.  Must be watching this thread. :-)  I have one for my gobbler lounger and it is a well made item.

Hognutz

Quote from: Rio on January 29, 2013, 07:59:49 PM
Saw where some folks on this site had ordered a custom tote sack for my favorite turkey hunting chair ever through USAHunting Supply. They appear to be out of business....
Does anyone have one for sale, or could someone at least post a picture up? I have a friend with an industrial type sewing machine...maybe I could get him to whip up a batch of em....
Also, for those that bought them, how much did they cost?
Her is Tom's email.. Send him a line.. He is a great guy and will take care of you.. Tell him that I sent you..
Mike
EMAIL: usahuntingear@yahoo.com

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bntgator

According to the posted ebay site the buy now price for the tote sack is $26.95 plus a shipping charge of $12.35 comes to a total of $39.30...The price of a brand new Gobbler Lounger is $34.99 hmmm

Jourdan_D

What happened to the Custom gun sock guy?  I have one of his totes and it's awesome and it was cheap.

Hognutz

Quote from: bntgator on January 30, 2013, 09:43:29 PM
According to the posted ebay site the buy now price for the tote sack is $26.95 plus a shipping charge of $12.35 comes to a total of $39.30...The price of a brand new Gobbler Lounger is $34.99 hmmm

If you had a Gobbler Lounger and drug it through the woods a few times, you would, perhaps, opt for a tote that had handles or a back strap. They are heavy and they are awkward. Sometimes, convenience is worth the price payed..

bntgator

While I appreciate your concern Mr. HogNutz, I do in fact own a Gobbler Lounger which is why I clicked on the thread. I also search out a quality product, however in this case I attribute the price of the lounge bag to the gobbler lounger with the price rifle/shotgun sling to a SBEII.

Hognutz

Mr. bntgator..
Each to his own..You kinda lost me with your correlation between the SBE ll and the sling.
I maintain my position that the Lounger is big and bulky, and is a major pain to carry into your set-up, along with all the other equipment. The sack is nice, well made, and makes the task easier. The price is secondary to me and a few other people that have bought them. The OP was asking about this particular sack and I was trying to help him out. 
I personally don't care if you drag your lounger around with a piece of binder twine..Start your own thread and forget about hi-jacking this one..

Ded Goblr

Rio

Thanks everybody.....I ordered two of the custom sacks from Tommy a couple days ago. $19.99 each + $12.00 to ship them both.
Yes, that's about the same price as the chair, but it's a small price to pay for the convenience. Also, the man's time and effort is worth something.