OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fenix TK75 - One Awesome Flashlight

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, January 29, 2013, 04:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think I just found me the perfect flashlight.  Not too big, and not too small.  And this Fenix TK75 is one bright flashlight that throws extremely well.  I think it is my personal favorite.   :z-winnersmiley:

Here's a few beamshots.

110yds to pool

300yds up the street to far trees

445yds to barn zoomed in some on my camera to show detail

ctwny1

Wow...really throws a good beam. Where did you get it from?

ILIKEHEVI-13

I bought it from Shane out of Florida.

shane@protacticalshop.com

Tell him Brad sent ya. 

fallsflight

Brad, is this a new shop?  He only has one flashlight in stock and it isn't the TK75.

gaswamp

fenix makes great lights.  I have the LD20

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: fallsflight on January 29, 2013, 08:29:05 AM
Brad, is this a new shop?  He only has one flashlight in stock and it isn't the TK75.

No it's nota new shop.  That's his email address.  He sells on ebay mainly.  but I buy directly from him to save the ebay fees amd get a better price.  You won't find a better dealer than Shane.  Most lights I buy get to my door in 3 days from him.  And his prices are superb. 

Here's what he sales on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/protacticalshop19/m.html?item=150897256803&pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item23222d6963&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

BOFF

WOW Looks good!!

Can I have a ruler, dollar bill or something by the light for reference to size?

Also, since your the flashlight wizard of OG, any recommendations for a clip on light to the hat brim?

I got one in a packet with the Browning name, it does well, but I know you would probably know the best bang for the buck.

God Bless,
David B.

ILIKEHEVI-13

This should help.  I put a checkbook by it. 

The light weighs 1lb and 5oz with 4 18650 protected KeepPower 3400mah batteries in it. 

Features of Fenix TK75: 
• Utilizes three Cree XM-L(U2) LEDs with the individual reflector respectively with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses four 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries when needed but also can be powered by two 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries
• Incredible 606-meter beam throw • Output mode / Runtime:
      Turbo: 2600lumens / 1h 15min
      High: 1100 lumens / 4h
      Mid: 400 lumens / 12h
      Low: 18 lumens / 200h
• Dimensions and Weight:
      Length: 7.28" / 185mm
      Diameter: 2.07" / 52.5mm
      Head Diameter: 3.45" / 87.5mm
      Weight: 18oz / 510gm
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Over 8-day run time, suitable for long-time searching • Over 80-degree flood beam angle to provide a panoramic view • Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
• Over-discharge protection circuit, protect the rechargeable batteries effectively
• Intelligent Memory Circuit
• Over-discharge protection circuit
• Low-voltage warning function to alert users to replace the batteries • Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface as a candle
• Run time can be extended with the addition of a body tube segment and battery holder (sold as an accessory kit). Run time will double with each segment-holder addition but brightness levels will not change.
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have that Browning clip on light you are talking about.  It does ok.  There are other headlamps that are a lot brighter.  But for turkey hunting that Browning LED clip on light is really all you need.   

BOFF

Thanks for the size reference and advice!!

God Bless,,
David B.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Your welcome. 

I'll tell you another winner for the price. 

This in all honesty will be all the flashlight most would ever want.

Fenix TK41 XM-L U2

And it runs off of AA batteries.

Now I know that might be a little steep for some to spend on a flashlight.  But if you know me well enough by now you will know I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't everything I say it is.  I have the older XM-L T6 version which isn't quite as bright.  And I can honestly say it is one bad to the bone flashlight for throw, spill, and quality.  It more than likely will last you a lifetime. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-TK41-U2-Cree-XM-L-LED-860-Lumen-Waterproof-Flashlight-AA-Batt-/121057232544?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c2f92c6a0

I would recommend these batteries vs alkalines or other cheaper made NIMH batteries that won't hold a charge over time. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Premium-AA-NiMH-Rechargeable-Batteries-2-Holders-/330865141150?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item4d0919659e