OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Obama " I shoot all the time"

Started by redarrow, January 28, 2013, 10:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

President Obama, who as a candidate once claimed some voters "cling" to guns and religion and has launched a renewed push for an assault-weapons ban, revealed a curious factoid in an interview with The New Republic -- he's an avid skeet shooter, apparently.

"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," Obama said.

The president was responding to a common question asked to gun-control advocates: "Have you ever fired a gun?" Obama revealed his skeet-shooting interest -- something that he has not mentioned before -- and went on to defend America's hunting tradition.

"Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas," Obama said. "And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were 10, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family's traditions, you can see why you'd be pretty protective of that."

The president made clear that the women of the Obama family do not go skeet shooting with him.

"Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there," Obama said in the interview. "And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake."

Asked Monday about Obama's comments, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said he wasn't sure how often the president goes shooting.

"He does go to Camp David with some regularity," Carney said.

Obama and congressional Democrats have tried to insist that their push for gun-control legislation would respect the rights of hunters and sportsmen.

Shotguns, which are typically used in skeet shooting, would be largely exempt from a renewed assault-weapons ban. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., introduced the ban last week, as well as a new federal limit on high-capacity magazines.

Obama said in the interview he wants to "bridge" gaps between the two sides in the debate in the months ahead. "And that means that advocates of gun control have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes," he said.

The National Rifle Association and a number of Republican lawmakers have already lined up against the Feinstein bill, claiming the last assault-weapons ban did little to curb violent crime.

"The American people know gun bans do not work and we are confident Congress will reject Senator Feinstein's wrong-headed approach," an NRA spokesman said last week.

savduck

BS

I need a steaming pile of horse dung smiley for this.

When they are talking about "skeet shooting' shotguns...they are referring to over/unders and side by sides. Not pumps and semi's.
Georgia Boy

SCtrkyhntr

For he and his supporters to have so much so called "higher education" they really lack on reading comprehension.  Where in the 2nd amendment does it mention hunting or sportsman.  And also how hard is "shall not be infringed" to comprehend?

jblackburn

Good grief!  This guy literally says anything to make people "like" him. 

:TrainWreck1:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Old Gobbler

After the Colorado movie shooting , prior to Obama's election he was making statements that there were laws in place to take care of this blah , blah , blah

AFTER the election , he changed his tune quite a bit

Taking on gun ownership in this country is political suicide , he is past his second term re-election and has nothing to loose - however ....  his political party will be the one to face the problem after his term is over , any Democratic candidate that runs for any public office will be instantly typecast as anti 2nd amendment , your talking skimming 5-10 points off the general vote easy , this is how you loose elections

I listen to morning talk shows , and there was a private screening for the Abe Lincoln movie at the White House , the President invited many Republicans and Democrats - not one Republican showed up , word got back that he was taken aback about this and could not understand the cold shoulder . It is said if you are a Republican and you so much as get your picture taken with the president , you will have another Republican running against you in your own primary election , that's how unpopular and un trusted he is with Republicans

People don't trust the president , the heath care bill is a prime example , the pushed hard to get it in, failed and then circled back and rammed it through a year latter , politicians were finding about it after the fact ....people were finding about the laws being passed after the fact -- If you see the trend it is a legislative blitz , they rush the procedure's  and ram it through before anyone even has a chance to review it - look at what they did in NY

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

longspur

he does bull crap shooting all the time.

tomstopper

Quote from: jblackburn on January 28, 2013, 10:24:48 PM

:agreed: 100% He knows he made a huge mistake and is now trying to sugarcoat it to cover his own parties a$$.

CT Spur Collector

This guy is such a liar. We can just keep counting up the lies.

1.) Obamacare will create new jobs.
2.) This new immigration bill will create new jobs.
3.) I'm a 2nd ad. supporter,"I shoot skeet all the time".
4.) I'm really a Christian.
5,) On & on & on...............

This POS loves photo ops so much. Where are the ones of him "shooting skeet"? Probably stored with the ones of him coming down the steps of his Christian church with his Bible in his hand, kids and wife by his side. 

I always remember photos of Presidents ( back to Kennedy) coming out of church with their family and a Bible in their hand. Where are these ones?

Don't let them fool you. They all disgust me.  The hypocrites. Save the little children from tragities with firearms (as well we should), but abort 1.2 million babies before they ever have a chance.

The American people should be about sick and tired of this crap. I know I am. 

VAHUNTER

Quote from: savduck on January 28, 2013, 10:15:36 PM
BS

When they are talking about "skeet shooting' shotguns...they are referring to over/unders and side by sides. Not pumps and semi's.
yea thats about how i feel about this lol
Good things come to those who wait

lightsoutcalls

How's this....

OR this...

Flies do that on poop...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ctwny1

Obama is a lying Muslem on everything ...that plain and that simple.

savduck

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on January 29, 2013, 09:45:37 AM

How's this....

OR this...

Flies do that on poop...

Close enough
Georgia Boy

archery1

Quote from: jblackburn on January 28, 2013, 10:24:48 PM

he says what u wanna hear...
Take a kid hunting

nate12285